News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

See any problems with parts I'm adding

Started by sext7366, February 28, 2006, 02:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sext7366

This is for a 383 being rebuilt with forged pistons upping the compression to around 9:5:1 and a cam 233/240 duration with a single plane intake and a 600 edelbrock carb

cap and rotor for mechanical tach drive (or should I get the elec ign cap and rotor ive heard there is little difference)

windage tray

constant voltage regulator 13.5v

thermal fan clutch

msd blaster 2 coil

180 degree thermostat

new aluminum radiator and cap from summit

mopar ecu orange box

transmission cooler

headers

8mm plug wires

and adjustable rear drag shocks/ new front gas shocks

73chargercali

no constant voltage regulator for a street driven car. it will boil your battery. get the summit muscle car regulator or the stock one. use a electronic distributor if your running the orange box since im fairly sure they work with each other. you can run a tach off of your coil.
and some may argue that the carb is too small. i think it is.

sext7366

yep the volt regulator is the muscle car series from summit, and I already have the electronic distributor, and i am still deciding which carb to get 750 or 800 in size though.
I may also be getting new exhaust all the way back with an x pipe.

firefighter3931

Quote from: terrible one on February 28, 2006, 08:53:07 PM
I would say go with a bigger carb. 750 maybe?

:iagree: Thats a healthy cam for a 383. A double pumper with 4 corner idle will be easier to tune and look at a 4 hole spacer to go under the carb. This will help with tuning and throttle response. A standard voltage regulator would be my preference.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs