News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stall converter

Started by misty440, February 28, 2006, 02:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misty440

So I have a Coan 2800 stall converter. It is missing teeth and the starter will not engage. A friends friend has a trans shop and says that he will drop the trans, have the converter rebuilt and reinstall it for around $600. Is this worth it or should I drop the trans myself and buy a new converter? After the engine rebuild I only drove it for two summers before I had to put her away for awhile. That was ten years ago.  Does anyone know a place in Chicago that can put a new gear on it?
Thanks,
Chris
70 Charger R/T 440C.I 727 3.23's

73chargercali

if you can do it yourself you will save money since most stall converters are around $250.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 73chargercali on February 28, 2006, 08:53:48 PM
if you can do it yourself you will save money since most stall converters are around $250.

:iagree: PTC makes a nice 2500-2800 stall converter for around $250.00...save some money and drop it yourself.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs