News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Duster master cylinder setup suggestions with big block

Started by hemi68charger, August 27, 2013, 06:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
Have a question.... Helping another friend with this. He has this '71 Duster with a blown 440 with the fender well headers...... He is potentially going to replace the fender well headers with "framerail headers", for a lack of a better term. I noticed that the master cylinder was WAY close to the headers ( setup by the previous owner ). The proportioning valve is also repositioned in the area where the battery USED to be. I was thinking of utilizing one of the OEM offset brackets that are used for the power brakes on A-bodies if that is at all possible. Then, we would reposition the proportioning valve to its original position and then get ALL new brake lines. I have suggested that we restore his complete system since it looks real old and the car has a LOT of power....... Safety, safety, safety......

1. His engine compartment
2. the OEM A-body adapter..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection