News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Magazines

Started by cudaken, August 25, 2013, 07:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

What Mopar Magazines are still around theses days and where do I find them?

Now that I am finally back into Mopar I have some catching up to do. I have been reading the old ones I can find (newest so far has been 1999 :eek2:) I need to get up to speed on cams, heads and Fuel Injection.

New job I have plenty time to read, so anyone here that can part with some old magazines I be happy to take them!   

Cuda Ken
I am back

Homerr

They are around but in a big way forums have replaced them.

chargerman69

polywideblock

mopar action, mopar muscle and mcg  I think that's it. high performance mopar isn't on the shelves over here anymore so I'm assuming its history

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

Mopar Muscle is more into engine building with just a couple cars in there, as well as some tech on the newer cars.

Mopar Action on the other hand, is more tech oriented for our older cars.

Mopar Collector's Guide is pretty much just ads with a couple cars and political articles.  They do place ladies in there every once in a while though.

rt green

ken , pm me with your address and i'll send you some.  bruce
third string oil changer

GOTWING

go on line and subscribe to them it is way cheaper..

cudaken

RT, I sent you a PM.

Thanks for the answers folks.

Cuda Ken
I am back

wingcar

"Chrysler Power" is back.....It was the first all Mopar magazine on the newstands back in the day.  It's available at book stores, such as Barnes and Noble and Hastings.........(Both old and new Mopar stories)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

TheAutoArchaeologist

Mopar Muscle: Engine Tech/New Cars

Mopar Action: Everything else tech, especially suspension

Mopar Collectors Guide: Cool feature cars and odd balls

Chrysler Power:  No idea

Forums have their place, especially up to date news and such.  But well written and composed content will always have a place. 

4cruzin

Gave up on all magazines a few years ago . . . . :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

41husk

I have a bunch you can read as well.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

polywideblock

when you say Chrysler power is back are you talking about the original mag  "moparformance",   "mopar performance" ,"more performance for the Chrysler enthusiast ", the guy that got screwed by Chrysler back in the late 80's early 90's and went bankrupt  . was a great mag ,hell they printed a "decoding issue " with all code +casting numbers , way before the white books  and stuck it to that guy that charges half a house to decode your tag   . always wondered what happened to him  :scratchchin:

tan top

Quote from: polywideblock on August 25, 2013, 10:11:17 PM
mopar action, mopar muscle and mcg  I think that's it. high performance mopar isn't on the shelves over here anymore so I'm assuming its history

use to get  high performance mopar mag too ,  they stopped publishing 2003 ish I think

use to get mopar muscle  & mopar action   too , from when they first started  , don't get any now   , before mopar mags came out , use to get hotrod ,  carcraft  ,  have not got any now  , gave them all away , storage was  a problem with the amount I had :icon_smile_blackeye:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

i have quite a few around also ken.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

polywideblock

Quote from: tan top on August 26, 2013, 01:34:50 PM
Quote from: polywideblock on August 25, 2013, 10:11:17 PM
mopar action, mopar muscle and mcg  I think that's it. high performance mopar isn't on the shelves over here anymore so I'm assuming its history

use to get  high performance mopar mag too ,  they stopped publishing 2003 ish I think

use to get mopar muscle  & mopar action   too , from when they first started  , don't get any now   , before mopar mags came out , use to get hotrod ,  carcraft  ,  have not got any now  , gave them all away , storage was  a problem with the amount I had :icon_smile_blackeye:

yea I've been keeping the since about 85 there's a few there now  :yesnod:

bakerhillpins

So what's your opinion if you can only get one?  The word I have been given so far is that Mopar Action is the one to get. Probably going to get my boys a subscription.

Quote from: polywideblock on August 26, 2013, 09:59:14 PM

polywideblock - with regard to "High Performance Mopar" mag, you interested in selling any? My car was in the Fall 88 issue and I would love to have a copy of that issue...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85985.0.html

Cover shot:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

cudaken

Allen and Jim, anything after say 2005 and newer would be great. Ah heck, anything would be great! I know I did not throw anyway, but you never know what the other half may have been up to!

Still have my collection of 1968 to 1971 Playboys, believe or not, I kept them because of the Car Ads!

Cuda Ken
I am back

polywideblock

polywideblock - with regard to "High Performance Mopar" mag, you interested in selling any? My car was in the Fall 88 issue and I would love to have a copy of that issue...

will have to go looking,  didn't start subscribing till 90-1 if I can find it no worries but postage is a bitch  :eek2: just payed 25.00 for postage on an old issue of autobuff  that cost 8.99   

bakerhillpins

Appreciate any effort!  :2thumbs:  Thanks.

Sometimes you just gotta pay da man.  :eek2:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Road Dog

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 28, 2013, 09:20:45 PM
So what's your opinion if you can only get one?  The word I have been given so far is that Mopar Action is the one to get. Probably going to get my boys a subscription.

Cover shot:

I bet I have that one. I'll have to look in some boxes.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

nvrbdn

Quote from: cudaken on August 28, 2013, 10:35:03 PM
Allen and Jim, anything after say 2005 and newer would be great. Ah heck, anything would be great! I know I did not throw anyway, but you never know what the other half may have been up to!

Still have my collection of 1968 to 1971 Playboys, believe or not, I kept them because of the Car Ads!

Cuda Ken

i have plenty ken. I will have mostly new ones because i sent all my collection to afganastan and iraq to be passed around. there are plenty to go through that are left though. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Quote from: cudaken on August 28, 2013, 10:35:03 PM

Cuda Ken

I can see a swap here :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

:smilielol: :smilielol: i wont be lookin at the car adds though :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Road Dog on August 29, 2013, 06:24:49 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 28, 2013, 09:20:45 PM

Cover shot:

I bet I have that one. I'll have to look in some boxes.

That would be awesome!  :cheers:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire