News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird dana 60 question?

Started by DoubleDlover, August 25, 2013, 03:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

ok. I have a question. I have a 70 dana 60 rear in a superbird. Im looking to get a green axle bearing kit. They have 2 kinds. with snap ring. And without snap ring.. what the hell??? what does that mean/ And what should my 70 dana 60 read end have? thanks 

Hemi Runner

The non snap ring version has a fixed on retainer plate. The snap ring style have a separate retainer plate that goes up against the snap ring to hold the bearing/axle in. I prefer the style with the snap ring. This site should illustrate it. http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=74 Why do you want to convert to green bearings??

62 Max

Quote from: DoubleDlover on August 25, 2013, 03:42:07 AM
ok. I have a question. I have a 70 dana 60 rear in a superbird. Im looking to get a green axle bearing kit. They have 2 kinds. with snap ring. And without snap ring.. what the hell??? what does that mean/ And what should my 70 dana 60 read end have? thanks 

If you're smart,you'll stay with the tapered bearings !! :Twocents:

DoubleDlover

hi everyone. Well. I thought that was the hot set up? You just bolt the axle in and go. don't have to set up and adjust play. Ive heard that a lot. There better. What have I been missing? My ears are open. ron

DAY CLONA

Quote from: DoubleDlover on August 25, 2013, 12:13:27 PM
hi everyone. Well. I thought that was the hot set up? You just bolt the axle in and go. don't have to set up and adjust play. Ive heard that a lot. There better. What have I been missing? My ears are open. ron

Green Bearings are more than adequate for street use, even track use, drag or Course, like anything mechanical, they can fail, be it overly abused, or human error during install, run the snap ring style, I've been installing Green Bearings since they came out in my personal rides, and customers cars with ZERO issues over the decades and never 1 failure!, I have the snap ring style Green's in my Dana 60 in my Daytona going on the last 8-9 years, 40,000 miles on them, gotten all the hard way, highway, street, drag, street racing, and road courses, HotRod Power tours cross country, plus I beat the snot out of my cars, hell I even drove 1800 miles in 21 hrs straight (no stops other than refueling) down to Atlanta SuperSpeedway, trashed the car for about 2 hrs on the track, then drove another 1800 miles home, that's not counting the endless thousands of miles you can rack up doing a few Hot Rod Power tours

Mike

70moparman

Damn I love that car...   Looks good from every angle!   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs: