News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Location Revealed

Started by Davtona, August 25, 2013, 03:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 15, 2013, 01:00:42 AM
Tuffy, you must be colorblind. :lol:  Or at least need a new monitor ;)

Cats can only see colors as dark to mid shades of gray. We also appear to see less saturation in colors as humans, and we can't see colors as intensely or vibrantly as you do.  I'll be more careful next time.....Meow :icon_smile_wink:

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 15, 2013, 01:03:32 AM
Tuffy, you must be colorblind. :lol:  Or at least need a new monitor ;)

Cats can only see colors as dark to mid shades of gray. We also appear to see less saturation in colors as humans, and we can't see colors as intensely or vibrantly as you do.  I'll be more careful next time.....Meow :icon_smile_wink:
That sort of contradicts some of your previous comments.  You seem to see a patch of pink very clearly. :D

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 15, 2013, 01:07:39 AM

That sort of contradicts some of your previous comments.  You seem to see a patch of pink very clearly. :D

:smilielol:   :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Tilar

Are you sure he's seeing it or is he sniffing it out? If I remember right cats have a keen sense of smell.  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Tilar

Quote from: richRTSE on August 30, 2013, 07:59:16 AM
I can totally understand being pissed at having someone show up at your house asking about whats in the garage. I wouldn't want that to happen to me either. However, I think I would be MORE pissed at the "local acquaintance" who revealed this information "innocently enough".
:Twocents:

:iagree:  :iagree:  I agree. I understand Davtona has some nice cars and as a result is probably a little more paranoid than most people about strangers coming up the driveway. Our farm is back a driveway around 1/4 mile long so when someone we don't know comes driving in we tend to automatically be on the defensive. In today's day and time It's just human nature and it's probably easy to just fly off the handle and expect the worst. I seem to remember Ryan saying in past articles that he refused to say where certain pics were taken to protect the owner.

Quote from: Devil on September 05, 2013, 09:51:45 PM
I posted a thread on Moparts, the one I linked to above, asking if anyone knew of any "barn finds" for my trip through Iowa.  Someone responded that I should go to XXXXX town in Iowa.  That was it, just the name of a town, no address, no phone number, no names of who it was.  Just a town name.  

The Ebay ad Davtona has for the 69 Hemi car includes his town, state, zip code and his phone number, so I wouldn't get too excited over it.  :Twocents:

:popcrn:   :popcrn:
Dave  

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 15, 2013, 12:55:11 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 14, 2013, 08:31:38 PM

Lmao......too funny I think he showed us once and took the pic down.

I think you're right. :yesnod:  In fact, you just jogged my memory. It's coming back to me...I remember it was orange....Here it is. :D

LMAO CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

472 R/T SE

This is a shocker. 

Ryan, the same Ryan who flips out when someone saves his pix off the 'net?  I've read a few threads where members' get pissed off @ him cause he won't divulge where some of these finds are.

Ryan, you're gonna have to answer the door dressed in full Kevlar before long.   ;)

JB400

Quote from: Tilar on September 15, 2013, 04:09:33 AM

Are you sure he's seeing it or is he sniffing it out? If I remember right cats have a keen sense of smell.  :lol:
Wouldn't Mrs. Tuffy break his nose if he was caught? :lol:

Tilar

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 16, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
Quote from: Tilar on September 15, 2013, 04:09:33 AM

Are you sure he's seeing it or is he sniffing it out? If I remember right cats have a keen sense of smell.  :lol:
Wouldn't Mrs. Tuffy break his nose if he was caught? :lol:

Only if she crossed her legs at the right time.  :D
Dave  

myk

Being a recluse with a touch of paranoia I completely sympathize with the OP.  The irony is that when I'm at the local show/cruise I bask in the attention and the glory of owning something other than just another over-restored Mustang/Camaro/Cobra kit car, but when I'm at home I expect the world to leave me alone and not even bother looking in my direction or even notice the car's existence. 

I believe that everyone SHOULD be entitled to a certain level of privacy.  The only problem is we live in a world today that not only expects full disclosure and public knowledge of everyone's lives, but we also have the technology to guarantee that freedom of knowledge, whether we like it or not, whether we approve of it or not, whether we deem it ethical or not. 

Look, unless we brought our cars home, locked them in a garage and then never brought them out again, someone, somewhere is going to know that we have what we have, nevermind the people like me who occasionally daily-drive these cars.  Do we have friends, do they have friends, do we have neighbors that have friends as well?  Then I will wager that there are dozens, maybe hundreds of people that know about our prized possessions; possibly thousands or more if you take the intrawebz into account.  This knowledge will inevitably bring about encounters that we may or may not approve of.  Again, at home I prefer to be left alone and for people outside of this website to not know what I have (I absolutely REFUSE to answer the door unless there's an "appointment"), but realistically that can't be avoided.  And because of this open, anything-goes culture we now live in I've generally given up on the fantasy of living off of the grid and out of sight.  All we can do is be vigilant, keep our 12 gauges loaded, and hope for the best...

Tilar

Quote from: myk on September 16, 2013, 05:22:07 PM
(I absolutely REFUSE to answer the door unless there's an "appointment"), but realistically that can't be avoided.

I think everybody would like that kind of privacy to a certain degree, but in reality an appointment isn't as easy to get as it used to be. Many of us no longer have home phones and they do not have a phone book for cell phones, so how else can someone get an "appointment" without coming to your door?
Dave  

duanesterrr

If I have a one-of-one Daytona in the weeds behind my house and Devil shows up on my driveway... and my intention is for the car to remain hidden... I respond after exchanging names and what not.. "I appreciate your contribution to the Classic Car hobby and bringing ultra rare cars to light but I would rather not be the subject of an article at this time.  If you would like to leave the camera in the car we can go walk around the car.  If you have a business card I will take it and if I ever change my mind I will give you a call"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

At a car show this past weekend, I was asked to fill out forms to enter. This was after I gave my cash for the entry fee...

Anyways, it wanted name, address, email, and more. I wrote my name (first name, last initial) and the city - which was close, but not completely definitive. I did not write my house number, etc. :Twocents: