News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Location Revealed

Started by Davtona, August 25, 2013, 03:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

A long, long, long time ago I was really paranoid about strangers and all kinda stuff...    so I stopped smoking weed.   :Twocents:

More people know me cuz of Black Betty around town and probably know where I live, etc.  blah blah.   But I don't know half my neighbors names let alone the peoples names at the Friday car cruise.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

I'm sure the truth is out there somewhere in the middle...   I don't see that anything malicious happened  :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Benji

A number of years ago a friend (Jim) was in a small town about 40 miles south of his hometown and on the way back home he glanced over to the side of the raod and noticed an old truck behind a barn so he stopped and knocked on the house door.  An old farmer answered and Jim asked about the truck.  The farmer said the truck was not for sale, so Jim asked if he could stop by every year or so when he was in town and check. The farmer said yes but the truck will never be for sale. Jim left his business card, said goodbye and left.  Every year for the next six or eight years Jim would stop and the farmer would turn him down.  Then it happened. Jim stopped and the farmer said his wife had had a stroke and she was in a nursing home and he needed some cash.  Jim asked him what he wanted for the truck, and when the farmer told him Jim left his entire wallet with the farmer to show he would be back the next day with the cash.  Jim now has the truck!

Benji

69finder

Guys, these are inexpensive, fun cars.  Some of you really need to chill out. 

It's not like these are 100K cars and even if they were, there's less uptight owners of real supercars. 

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Benji on September 08, 2013, 05:13:27 PM
A number of years ago a friend (Jim) was in a small town about 40 miles south of his hometown and on the way back home he glanced over to the side of the raod and noticed an old truck behind a barn so he stopped and knocked on the house door.  An old farmer answered and Jim asked about the truck.  The farmer said the truck was not for sale, so Jim asked if he could stop by every year or so when he was in town and check. The farmer said yes but the truck will never be for sale. Jim left his business card, said goodbye and left.  Every year for the next six or eight years Jim would stop and the farmer would turn him down.  Then it happened. Jim stopped and the farmer said his wife had had a stroke and she was in a nursing home and he needed some cash.  Jim asked him what he wanted for the truck, and when the farmer told him Jim left his entire wallet with the farmer to show he would be back the next day with the cash.  Jim now has the truck!

Benji
Cool story.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Troy

Quote from: 69finder on September 08, 2013, 05:21:10 PM

It's not like these are 100K cars and even if they were, there's less uptight owners of real supercars. 
Um, do you know what kind of car(s) Davtona owns? I doubt too many people would be knocking down his door if he had a yard full of early Darts, Aspens, or 4 door Scamps.

Plenty of Mopars breach the $100k mark. I don't own any of them and I still don't advertise what's in my garage.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

F8-4life

Quote from: 69finder on September 08, 2013, 05:21:10 PM

Not inexpensive to anyone I know?
These cars are prized possessions.

RallyeMike

Quotehmmmmmm...   

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Original-Hemi-4-Speed-1969-Dodge-Charger-RT-/290974329706?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43bf6beb6a

That one should be pretty easy to track down. He was pretty careless and actually put his phone number in the ad  :lol:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TUFCAT

I'm catching up on this post and have two comments to make:

#1....

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 08, 2013, 01:50:41 PM

A long, long, long time ago I was really paranoid about strangers and all kinda stuff... so I stopped smoking weed.  :Twocents:

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  :smoke:   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

TUFCAT

#2....

Quote from: moparfan53 on September 08, 2013, 11:52:12 AM

I think there is a difference between a complete stranger asking about your car and somebody you have not met but know of. In this specific case, the OP knew who Ryan is/was, however had never met him.  

:iagree:

BEST STATEMENT SO FAR!! :smash:  I read Ryan's post and immediatly thought WOW!  :eek:  ...there's really no reason to be that F-ing rude to him. :nono:

So Davtona (whomever you are), next time be firm but polite ...and you'll get more respect. :coolgleamA:

greenpigs

It all depends on the owner. ::)

As long as they don't start low balling me and saying they can fix it up, things will be fine.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mopar Nut

American Car Prospector "Residential Roundup" airing Sept 20th on Velocity shows a 68 Charger.

American Car Prospector premieres this Friday Sept 13th on Velocity.

Sounds like this guy is doing the same thing. There's a 68 Charger on Friday's Sept 20th showing.

"AMERICAN CAR PROSPECTOR AIRS FRIDAYS ON VELOCITY BY DISCOVERY

The American Car Prospector

Follow John Hames as he travels across America on a personal journey to uncover some of the world's great cars. Hames' knowledge and expertise is surpassed only by his ability to sniff out and unearth hidden treasures, some of which have been locked away for years. The series is not just about cars, it's a journey that uncovers the stories behind the cars and that shares the passion behind the people."

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

moparfan53

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 11, 2013, 10:21:33 AM
American Car Prospector "Residential Roundup" airing Sept 20th on Velocity shows a 68 Charger.

American Car Prospector premieres this Friday Sept 13th on Velocity.

Sounds like this guy is doing the same thing. There's a 68 Charger on Friday's Sept 20th showing.

"AMERICAN CAR PROSPECTOR AIRS FRIDAYS ON VELOCITY BY DISCOVERY

The American Car Prospector

Follow John Hames as he travels across America on a personal journey to uncover some of the world's great cars. Hames' knowledge and expertise is surpassed only by his ability to sniff out and unearth hidden treasures, some of which have been locked away for years. The series is not just about cars, it's a journey that uncovers the stories behind the cars and that shares the passion behind the people."

Thanks for the post. :2thumbs:  I had not heard of it, will be sure to check it out.

:cheers:

Bandit72

My problem wasn't so much that he knew i had a charger, hell if he'd have asked to see it i would have walked him out to it...it was more the fact that he pretty well had to be searching through my buildings to know about it...
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

1974dodgecharger

i left my garage open today hoping i would see david but no luck so far......

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 09, 2013, 08:45:33 PM
#2....

Quote from: moparfan53 on September 08, 2013, 11:52:12 AM

I think there is a difference between a complete stranger asking about your car and somebody you have not met but know of. In this specific case, the OP knew who Ryan is/was, however had never met him.  

:iagree:

BEST STATEMENT SO FAR!! :smash:  I read Ryan's post and immediatly thought WOW!  :eek:  ...there's really no reason to be that F-ing rude to him. :nono:

So Davtona (whomever you are), next time be firm but polite ...and you'll get more respect. :coolgleamA:

I have known Davtona for 31 years, and you would be hard pressed to find a nicer guy... but even nice folks have their limits.  I recently had someone that I allowed to look at a car that I advertised for sale bring 6 "guests" with him, all with their cameras going.  Although I technically did not tell him not to bring anyone with him (as he pointed out when I objected to the "guests"), I had told him not to discuss other cars that he might see during his visit with anyone else.  He told me that two were his sons, and the others were friends of his sons.  I was in my workshop when they arrived, so they walked right on in... I  was very unhappy about the intrusion, especially the picture taking which I asked them to stop, which they appeared to do... but having a half dozen strangers wander around my workshop was unsettling.

Everyone has their own threshold for uninvited intrusions, but even when laws are not broken, common courtesy would be to have a prior discussion with a collection owner to give him a chance to carefully think his decision through thoroughly before deciding... but the result might be far fewer takers to this moment in the spotlight.  I have never meet Ryan, but although I have enjoyed some of the write-ups and pictures that he posts, would not care to have him show up in my driveway unannounced...  just my take on this type of "photo-journalism".
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

charger_fan_4ever

1970Moparmann

Not cool.

It amazes me how this thread got twisted around.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1974dodgecharger

i did it again i left my garage open but no luck....no ryan around to come talk to me about why my car is in pieces  :'(

A383Wing

mine was open all day until just now.....guess nobody wants to see me cars either   :shruggy:

1974dodgecharger

I think would be the greatest story would be strokers car the story behind that one  :icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 14, 2013, 05:38:20 PM
I think would be the greatest story would be strokers car the story behind that one  :icon_smile_big:

Now that would require some outstanding photo journalism!  Stroker's car is one of the biggest mystery's of our time..... Nessy is a more commom sight.  :D :icon_smile_wink: :smilielol:

1974dodgecharger

Lmao......too funny I think he showed us once and took the pic down.

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 14, 2013, 07:30:19 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 14, 2013, 05:38:20 PM
I think would be the greatest story would be strokers car the story behind that one  :icon_smile_big:

Now that would require some outstanding photo journalism!  Stroker's car is one of the biggest mystery's of our time..... Nessy is a more commom sight.  :D :icon_smile_wink: :smilielol:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 14, 2013, 08:31:38 PM

I think you're right. :yesnod:  In fact, you just jogged my memory. It's coming back to me...I remember it was orange....Here it is. :D

JB400

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 15, 2013, 12:55:11 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 14, 2013, 08:31:38 PM

I think you're right. :yesnod:  In fact, you just jogged my memory. It's coming back to me...I remember it was orange....Here it is. :D

Tuffy, you must be colorblind. :lol:  Or at least need a new monitor ;)