News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MP 440 rocker arms

Started by Dmichels, August 24, 2013, 08:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

I think I remember MP making a HD stamped steel rocker arm for the 440. I can not find them now. MIld 440 440 with MP 509/292 cam .I do not think I want rollar rockers. Should I just keep the stock ones? Any other sugestions?
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

firefighter3931

Dave, the heavy duty MP rockers are no longer available...have been discontinued for a few years. The stock rockers are fine for that cam....just inspect the pushrod cup area and look at the shaft holes to make sure the openings aren't elongated (egg shaped) due to excessive wear.

I like to use a quality chrome moly pushrod on anything that will be worked hard.  :yesnod:

If you need to replace the rockers a set of aftermarket stock replacement arms will be fine.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Dmichels

Thanks for the info I have HD push rods and have run the stock rocker arms for a while. THey are in good shape with no funny wear.  Back when I built the motor I was planning on upgrading the rockers but ran out of money. I guess I will leave it alone.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

cudaken

Funny this thread was here, I was getting ready to ask a question about the MP HD Rockers.

I have read that the stock arm ratio is not a true 1.5 ratio. Are the MP Rockers a true 1.5 or closer than the stock stampings? I happen to have a fresh set of MP HD rockers I am thinking about using.  :scratchchin:

Cuda Ken
I am back

Kern Dog

There is some truth to this claim.
I have a set of MP HD rocker arms and shafts. I've been dealing with various problems with the engine over the years, mostly detonation. One of the changes I've made was switching to 1.6 ratio roller rocker arms. I did a before and after compression test. The numbers I recorded with the 1.6 rockers were all much closer together, indicating the stock based stuff wasn't very consistant.