News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a new Bible

Started by cudaken, August 22, 2013, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

My Bible is the old DC Racing Manuel and it had served me well. But, it was written in 1978?  :shruggy: Talk about being left behind in time!  :brickwall:

Has Mopar Performances up dated anything Are they still even around or are they still peddling the same old stuff? Have they updated any of there cams profiles?   

I have been reading some of my Old Mopar Magazines But the newest I have found is from 1999 :brickwall:

Main thing I want to read about is cams. Seems the ones I use to trust, well there old and out of date like me!  :lol: Would not mine reading about strokers and heads. I know the old cast iron heads are all so out of date.

Thanks for the coming answers.

Cuda Ken

PS, I getting tired of asking Ron!  :smilielol:
I am back

Challenger340

Ah Fugetaboutit...Ron don't mind ! :2thumbs:

Last time I phoned Mopar Performance Tech was about 1998 ? I think...and even back then they said"we don't even have a BB Tech on staff anymore" as the SB guy told me...."but I will try " he said....
went south from there, until I figured out pretty quick...even I knew more than that guy did for Fawk Sakes, even about the small blocks ? Pretty dis-appointing !

As far as BB Mopar Camshafts....I think Ron(Firefighter3931) has either tried, or knows someone who has tried...just about anything out there...in different Combo's/Strokers.

Secret tip;
Don't turn up your Nose at a phonecall to the new Crane Cams !
THOSE Guys are back from the grave(bankruptcy)....on a stable financial footing... and now Kickin ASS very aggressively, with an absolutely "massive" master data bank, now totally updated.
I've pulled a few Custom Profiles from them of late.... that have made me look.....well.... it's a wonder my Melon still fits through the Dynoroom Door !
GOOD STUFF !
Watch these guys over the next few years...mark my words !

Only wimps wear Bowties !

firefighter3931

Ken, we have a great resource right here on the Charger website. It's called the proven engine build forum and there are lots of builds archived for your reading pleasure complete with build details and accompanying dyno results.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs