News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

selling a 69 project car without fenders?

Started by napaguy, August 22, 2013, 06:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

napaguy

So here is my question. I am selling a 1969 charger and the only major things missing are the front fenders. I think I can get a pair of used fenders for around 500 dollars but will that increase the resale value very much? Thanks

cdr

the more complete the car ,the more money you can get.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

charge69

What CDR said depending on the condition of the fenders you put on it. If they have to be replaced anyway, why bother?

djcarguy

sent ya a pm. as iam interested in a daytona project fenders arent that important. how bout more info an pixs an condition? what eng an trans it has or was??  thanks dj in oregon :popcrn: :2thumbs:

Troy

Well, it would increase the value some (probably mostly dependent on the condition of the fenders) - but it may be a wash. No one wants to pay more for a car just because it has parts that they're going to replace any way. Honestly, I'd sell the car "as is" without dumping more money into it and adjust the price accordingly.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

napaguy

Troy im not really good with words but thats exactly what I was getting at. I dont want to spend 500 + on fenders plus time only to get 500 more out of the car. Thanks to all for the replies

Troy

If you had some mint fenders that didn't cost a fortune to get to you then maybe. However, in my experience, a buyer isn't willing to spend any more than about 50% of AMD prices to get them with the car. I've tried shipping fenders before and it cost me about $130 each so you'd almost have to get them local or find them really cheap elsewhere - and that is highly unlikely for anything decent! Not to mention, if it takes you 6 months to sell the car then you're sitting on money that you could have spent on something else.

I'm speaking from experience here... on multiple occasions I've convinced myself that I'd get more for my car with just a few upgrades. I've never come out ahead! Any time someone barters with you over a "package price" it's so they can get the parts cheaper than what it would cost to buy them individually. It doesn't make any sense for you to buy them individually so you can sell as a package.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

djcarguy

Its on ebay today??? start bid 200 with buy now 9000k  dont get ya hopes up just yet. it is missing more than a pair of fenders. no eng,trans,interior and just a few others parts???   ???   some assembly required and battery not included or place to put it???  

does have a full set of like 14 inch slots with mag locks,,likely the reason mags are still on it...  CHECK 69 CHARGER EBAY AND BID AWAY???       Had high hopes as not too far from me,but think i'll pass.DJ  :Twocents:

69charger2002

The fenders would be the least of my concerns on that car... That car is missing a lot and needs a ton of work. Good luck on the auction
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

napaguy

Yes I reread my original post and I mis spoke..The car needs work and is missing a lot of parts I agree but I think its a great project.

napaguy

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 25, 2013, 05:23:48 PM
The fenders would be the least of my concerns on that car... That car is missing a lot and needs a ton of work. Good luck on the auction

Hmm I don't know compared to a lot of other cars I see I think its a great project..I realize it needs lots of work and think I made that pretty clear in my auction?

BrianShaughnessy

I'd be more concerned about all the pieces for the grill and lights that are hard to find than a set of fenders.  If the used fenders aren't rot free or require hours of labor to fix then somebody is better off with AMD anyway.  :Twocents:
You can give the buyer the ph # of the contact with the fender and let them decide  :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

napaguy

There is a grill assembly included with the car as shown in the ad

Mopar Nut

Do you have the eBay item number or link?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 25, 2013, 10:54:40 PM
Do you have the eBay item number or link?

I'm pretty sure it's  290966704458   outta Washington.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

djcarguy

WELL DID IT SELL OR MEAT RESERVE??   LAST I LOOKED IT WAS BID TOO 2500$??    :popcrn: :popcrn:

napaguy