News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Issues filling the gas tank

Started by histoy, August 22, 2013, 12:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

Sorry for such a trivial question, but I've got some concerns about filling the tank on my '69 Charger.   I've only filled it twice, but I've had 2 problems.   The first time I filled the tank pretty fast and it shot gas back out of the filler neck and onto the fender.  I didn't want that to happen again so the second time I filled it very slowly.  This time the gas filled clear up into the neck with no problem, except that the tank wasn't full.  It only took 9 gallons when it should have taken around 12 to 13.   I thought that maybe the vent line was plugged and trapping air in the tank.  I just put a rubber hose to the vent tube up at the top of the filler neck.  I blew through to tube twice and there's no restriction there.   Has anyone else had a problem like this?  Any ideas on what I'm missing?  I always like to have a full tank when I head out of town in the car.

bull

moparstuart

on wing cars what my buddy does is  grab the wing and shake the car back and forth every so often when filling  it settles the tank and you can get more in .   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

histoy

Thanks for the info guys.  There's some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one having these issues...Brian