News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick Question - Factory exhaust manifold 383

Started by 69_Charger_RT, September 08, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_Charger_RT

Hey guys,

Have a quick question if this was added later on my car or serves a purpose.  Right now it's being held on by a worm clamp and can easily be taken off.  Does this piece connect to factory snorkel setup, like the pic shown?  Found this engine shot looking through some classifieds.  Also, does the crankcase hose originally feed through the throttle return spring bracket as shown below?

Thanks in advance

69_Charger_RT

Whoops just saw I posted this on the wrong forums as this is for my 70 e body and not my charger   :brickwall:

Any help is appreciated  :2thumbs:

Pete in NH

Hi,

That piece looks like part of the air preheat manifold stove. Yes, it should connect to the bottom of the air cleaner snorkel as shown in the picture of the yellow car. It looks like you're missing the sheet metal part of the stove as shown in your second picture, the piece that follows the length of the manifold. Can't help on the PCV hose routing as my 71 383 routes the hose to the rear of the carb.

The air preheat system is part of the emissions system to provide warm air to the carb. until the base of the carb. warms up as the engine reached normal operating temperature.

69_Charger_RT

Quote from: Pete in NH on September 10, 2013, 09:23:36 AM
Hi,

That piece looks like part of the air preheat manifold stove. Yes, it should connect to the bottom of the air cleaner snorkel as shown in the picture of the yellow car. It looks like you're missing the sheet metal part of the stove as shown in your second picture, the piece that follows the length of the manifold. Can't help on the PCV hose routing as my 71 383 routes the hose to the rear of the carb.

The air preheat system is part of the emissions system to provide warm air to the carb. until the base of the carb. warms up as the engine reached normal operating temperature.

Thank you - ya the car was assembled in the Los Angeles plant and is equipped with the emissions from back in the day.  Multiple vent tubes coming from gas tank and the evap system in trunk.

I appreciate the help - does anyone have any pictures with these systems or even better the pieces?