News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mad Max Drives a mustang!

Started by Baldwinvette77, August 21, 2013, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

polywideblock

Hollywood pariah or not there will only be one max    :yesnod:    if its mad max and  not Mel its shit period , wish these studios would hire someone with some imagination and stop mutilating the all time classic movies  :brickwall:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: polywideblock on August 21, 2013, 04:26:40 PM
Hollywood pariah or not there will only be one max    :yesnod:    if its mad max and  not Mel its shit period , wish these studios would hire someone with some imagination and stop mutilating the all time classic movies  :brickwall:

Still gonna get it  :popcrn: although i know what you mean, i dont have high expectations for it, just looks like an interesting experiment

Indygenerallee

Sorry, Max has never drove a Mustang, He drove a modified 1972 Ford Falcon XB GT
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

burnout.dawg

Whatever happened to the days of Donkey Kong?

polywideblock

ws23rt

Quote from: burnout.dawg on August 21, 2013, 10:36:48 PM
Whatever happened to the days of Donkey Kong?

I had a hard time with pong.

burnout.dawg

And our parents worried the video games we played in the 80's would promote violence in their children! Wow!!

Mike DC

Quotewish these studios would hire someone with some imagination and stop mutilating the all time classic movies

The new MM movie in production right now is being done by the original creators.

There's plenty of creativity in the film world these days but the problem is the money involved now.  When a big summer blockbuster flops the studio may lose a quarter of a billion dollars on it.  They keep doing remakes/sequels/prequels because the flopping ones usually don't burn them as badly as the brand new failures do.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: burnout.dawg on August 21, 2013, 11:14:19 PM
And our parents worried the video games we played in the 80's would promote violence in their children! Wow!!

i have you know even with all the violent games i've played, i've never once blown up a building or shot anyone, hell i never even got in a fight in highschool  :yesnod:

now let me brutalize a bunch of one's and zero's in peace thankyou  :coolgleamA:

also just read the story for the game, his falcon interceptor is stolen, and he uses a 67 gt500 until he gets it back

myk

???????????????Why did they change the car?  The car was as much a star of that movie as Mr. Passion of the Christ, was. 

FAIL!

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: myk on August 22, 2013, 04:17:08 AM
???????????????Why did they change the car?  The car was as much a star of that movie as Mr. Passion of the Christ, was.  

FAIL!

yeah its a bit like casting a camaro to play the general lee  :eek2: apparently you use the falcon as first, its stolen, you go to hell and back to retrieve it using a mustang  :shruggy:

remta1

[[/quote]

yeah its a bit like casting a camaro to play the general lee  :eek2: apparently you use the falcon as first, its stolen, you go to hell and back to retrieve it using a mustang  :shruggy:
[/quote]

hahaha classic call  :smilielol: should have stuck with the falcon coupe all the way thru ......hopefully they don't decide to do a bullitt game , they would probably use a 4 door charger :brickwall: :RantExplode:

myk

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 22, 2013, 04:21:16 AM
???????????????Why did they change the car?  The car was as much a star of that movie as Mr. Passion of the Christ, was.  

FAIL!

If that's really the story behind the game, well...All I can say is they need to stop taking story ideas from 6th graders. 

A game based on the movie itself would've been plenty fine...

surmanajaja

???????????????Why did they change the car?  The car was as much a star of that movie as Mr. Passion of the Christ, was. 

FAIL!

the game has nothing to do with the new movie. and if you watch that game trailer again you can see the xb Falcon in it too, probably he switches vehicles multiple times in the game-

myk

I'm not talking about the new movie, and if you want a preview done right for this particular game then the focus should've been on the Falcon, not a......a MUSTANG...

J-440

The new movie is called "Mad Max: Fury Road" and it stars Tom Hardy (Bane in Batman) as well as Charlize Theron.  Looks to be pretty good.  I don't know what Max is driving, but the other cars in the movie are wild looking!! There's some movie still shots of a 59 Cadillac on top of another one...and it's a monstrocity!! 
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

polywideblock

tom who? is the WRONG max anyway  :flame:

RDC

I am a huge Mad Max/ Road Warrior fan I have high hopes that this will be a great movie/video game when released next year. I too saw pictures of the cars for the movie and its going to be over the top for sure, I just hope the story is good.

elanmars

Quote from: polywideblock on August 24, 2013, 05:19:52 PM
tom who? is the WRONG max anyway  :flame:

1. Mel Gibson turned down the chance to reprise the role.
2. The original creators/directors are the ones doing the new movie.
3. Tom Hardy is an awesome actor.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Mike DC

Mel was iconic as Max 30 years ago but now he is over the hill for the role.  His general sanity is also lacking these days. 

In the MM universe a guy like Max is unlikely to be alive at Mel's current age.  And if he was, he would either be a king or a homeless slob in the gutter, probably nothing in between.     

Old Moparz

I'm sure I'll go see the new movie, especially if it's being made by the original writers. The first 2 were good, but the 3rd one simply sucked. Hollywood got in on it to milk it & turned it into a message movie about mankind offing itself. They also forgot to put cars in it.  ::)

If Mel Gibson turned down the role as Max for the new one, maybe he's not so out of his mind after all.  :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

surmanajaja

when there was talk about the new one years ago (Heath Ledger was supposed to be in it then) it was supposed to be for kids..toned town stuff.

Mel maybe old but he has more muscles now than 30 years ago. and who says a tough guy cant be an old guy..?

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/08/first-look-at-mel-gibson-on-set-of.html

maybe they just didnt offer enough money. he has made billions with his movies already...