News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drive line vibration updates

Started by ottawamerc, September 03, 2013, 04:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottawamerc

Ok so to any of you who have been following and mostly helping with my vibration issues, here's where I am. I have tried different pinion angles with no success, I have tried 2 driveshafts and had both balanced still no change. Bigsuger had a topic on his similar issue and I remembered one of the replies to his was that not only is pinion angle important but driveline alignment is as equally important. So today I put the car on the hoist and pulled the driveshaft again. I ran a string line along the motor and trans centerline then checked it with the diff and voila!!! The pinion was pointing to the passenger side? After more investigating I found the passenger side rear leaf front mount had been hit and is pushed to the rear almost 1/4"   I'm not really happy about this but I believe it is the root to this !  So I guess I need to get the mount pulled straight. While I had the shaft out I took it back to the shop to recheck the balance. This time they said the yoke u joint was too loose to be serviceable  :brickwall: so now they are building me a new shaft but to their good enough to discount off what I had already spent. So I'm ok with that.

Ill keep ya posted on any improvements I find

By the way the car won a 3rd place for the 70-79 North American category and 1st place overall for mopars last weekend I was pleased.

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Big Sugar

Scott your chasing it down. Good luck, now when your done you can join me on the power tour next year!   Your car is too nice to be so clean !

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

firefighter3931

Good catch Scott.....rear end alignment out 1/4 inch will make a huge difference !  :P

Congrats on the awards  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

ottawamerc

LMAO I just noticed that I really shouldn't type these out on my phone, I sincerely apologize to ya Ron terrible misspelling of your name (Big Sugar) The power tour sounds like a blast but I would have to sell off one of the kids for gas  :scratchchin: but if ya ever need a copilot?

Scott :cheers: 
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Big Sugar

Well Gas money is all part of driving, im looking The A518 Overdrive right now, hopefully I can run the car with fuel milage in the high teens.       Besides.  Its the Hotel Rates that are going to bury me.......Oh well.

I've got some pics to post related to this issue. ill hopefully get them online today, Nasty vibration !

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

RIDELIKEHELL

I will make sure the guys putting my transmission back in my 68 check that alignment..thx Ron & Scott for the detective work  :coolgleamA:

Congrats on the win as well Scott  :cheers:

Marc
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73