News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

super stock springs

Started by KillerBee1972, July 22, 2013, 09:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBee1972

I just picked up a new set of super stock leaf springs.I want to use them on my 72 I know I have to get the front mount shackles is there any type of shocks I will need. And is there anyone running these on their cars right now? What's your input on these springs?
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

TUFCAT

The older ones sold by Mopar performance have been known to sag. That was about 10 years ago. Hopefully that problem has been resolved.

HPP

Never heard of SS springs sagging, although there were lots of complaints about Mexican made XHD springs doing that.

For shocks to match the SS springs, many racers utilize Rancho RS9000 adjustable units in competition applications. If you don't want the adjustable feature of the RS, stock Imperial or Dodge truck shocks from the same period as your car have the additional length and travel needed to match the SS springs.

TUFCAT

You are correct they were XHD springs. My bad.

Dino

From what I can tell, the XHD springs still sag but not as bad so it may be a normal settling in thing.

SS springs should set the rear up higher.  I have never driven one with those but I can imagine it's a firm ride.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

SRT-440

I know Mancini Racing has a Mopar Shock for SS springs...they could be for A-bodies tho.  :shruggy:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

71gtx

all  super stock springs are a -body   :2thumbs:

they are on my 71 gtx i love them

Cooter

Raised the ride height about 1 1/2", and made my A Body drive ALOT better/straighter down the track. Other than that, I couldn't tell you.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"