News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will it fit?? 295/50 R15 on 15x8" with -12 offset

Started by cougs, August 20, 2013, 07:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: cougs on September 06, 2013, 01:33:34 PM
The spacers at the auto parts store are not a bad thing as long as they are not too thick.  But yes, longer studs are required but they're easy to replace.

I was assuming the spacers would have studs on them but are you saying I can replace the studs in my drums with longer ones or is it time for me to take a nap?   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cougs

They are separate things.  Something like this this. 

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Lugnut-C7102-5-Hole-Spacer/dp/B000CIPU6O

Remember, unless you have already long wheel studs, you need to get longer ones.  Easy to do, hammer out then pull the new one in by torquing on a nut with some washers.  See youtube.
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

Dino

Quote from: cougs on September 06, 2013, 02:05:41 PM
They are separate things.  Something like this this. 

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Lugnut-C7102-5-Hole-Spacer/dp/B000CIPU6O

Remember, unless you have already long wheel studs, you need to get longer ones.  Easy to do, hammer out then pull the new one in by torquing on a nut with some washers.  See youtube.

Ok, those are the types of spacers I see in the stores.  I installed RH thread studs in the ds rear drum this spring when I installed the new wheels.  I still had the stock LH studs.  I made sure the holes were clean and I did pull the new studs in by the method you describe.  I've never seen the longer ones, what's a good place to get them?

cougs

Try Summit, Jegs.  ARP probably makes them.  I don't remember what the knurl diameter is though.
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

Dino

Quote from: cougs on September 06, 2013, 02:48:52 PM
Try Summit, Jegs.  ARP probably makes them.  I don't remember what the knurl diameter is though.

I still have the packaging for the ones I installed so I'll know when I get home.

Thanks Cougs!   :2thumbs:   :cheers: