News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlights drop out on high beam

Started by redgum78, August 20, 2013, 12:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgum78

Anyone suggestions as to why my 73's headlights drop out on high beam? Low beam is fine. High beam after 10 or more minutes blink out then come on again after about 10 seconds. 

A383Wing

The circuit breaker inside the headlight switch is going out....you need a new headlight switch

redgum78

Ah thank you.

I thought it seemed like some sort of thermal circuit breaker but I couldn't find one. I didn't even consider that it might be in the switch.

:cheers:

Charger_Fan

Don't leave out the dimmer switch in this scenario, I've had the dimmer switch be the culprit in a case like this...twice, to be exact. :pullinghair:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

fy469rtse

you could take the load out of the switch by adding relays, the switch then only the trigger for relays , main juice supply straight to relays and headlights, fuse it and your good to go , you wont ever have this happen again, no dimming of lights once other accessory's turned on either

redgum78

Quote from: fy469rtse on August 21, 2013, 02:12:08 AM
you could take the load out of the switch by adding relays, the switch then only the trigger for relays , main juice supply straight to relays and headlights, fuse it and your good to go , you wont ever have this happen again, no dimming of lights once other accessory's turned on either

I think I will do this as well. I was just looking at the wires and although they are in fairly good condition they don't look very heavy gauge. I will use it as the switching control for a decent relay then I can up the wattage of my bulbs a little as well.