News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4BBL or Six Pack?

Started by 69chargerboy, August 08, 2013, 04:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

Thank You everyone for all the great and usefull advice. Looks like I'll be ordering a double pumper.  :2thumbs: :cheers:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Cooter

Quote from: 69chargerboy on August 13, 2013, 08:04:14 AM
Thank You everyone for all the great and usefull advice. Looks like I'll be ordering a double pumper.  :2thumbs: :cheers:
Glad we could help. I figured you were asking with the concern of budget in mind. Yes S.P. are expensive and slot less forgiving than good 4bbl.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

poppa

If your going on a budget ,go 4bbl. But , I have had an aftermarket full mechanical 6 pak for the last two years and only recently put it on. WOW. I was too worried about screwing it up.   Ask questions ,read posts ,do research. LISTEN ! That is key. Many of these guys have spent a  lifetime with these set ups and have done the ask questions , do the research ,read posts. I thought it would be the biggest pain but I "got lucky" ,I did all those things and now I grin from ear to ear. Some fine tuning over the last 2 weeks has paid off. I LOVE it ! No bog ,no stumble ,(no choke) pump it in the am and it fires right up. Just hit the key after that. Had a Carter on it before ,won't ever put that back on. Point is ,if you ask questions and listen ,people will help. It's your car ,you can do what you want to it. Mine wouldn't be as good as it is if I had to rely on just me. Good luck and I hope you end up with what YOU want.  :cheers:
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.