News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what have you done to your MUSCLE/COLLECTOR car/truck/vehicle lately?

Started by nvrbdn, July 02, 2013, 07:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

i like the thread about the chargers, but alot of us have other vehicles that we are working on. we could be missing out on some good update stories. im getting ready to rebuild my 69 cougar front end. put new window fuzzies in it, took the rear tire off my motor cycle (i know its not a car,but it was a new experience). all kinds of projects going on out there. so what are you doing with your projects?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

I took the carb off of it and effectively turned it into something to look at.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  It's now a race to see if I can get it fixed before the first snow.

Besides that, saving for the 2nd car that I want.  :icon_smile_big:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ws23rt

I made good progress on my megacycle project. Making the 727 shift by left foot was a long tough puzzle but I got it to work.
The linkage to open the 80MM throttle body was another head scratcher but it works fine with 1/4 turn on the hand grip.
Next adventure is to make the clutch cable connection to operate the gate valve I made on the valve body. This will relax the clutches and allow shifting.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Daytona R/T SE

68X426

I fixed the push mower.  :2thumbs:

So my wife can mow again.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

It qualifies, it's a collectible antique. Like me. :icon_smile_wink:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

64dartgt

Lately?  I replaced the battery terminals on the 73 Charger along with the ground wire to the radiator support.  Now the headlights don't work.  :shruggy:

It took two Chinese replacement power antennae before I was able to fit one to my Wife's 90 Jag XJS convertible due to the enormous hole the Brits drilled through the rear quarter.   It is in now but isn't working properly for some reason.  :eek2:

Bonus points for the fact that I can't even find a set of keys to the 64 Dart GT convertible sitting in the garage with a radiator that sprung a leak after I parked it and shut if off last fall.  I have looked just about everywhere in the house and in the cars.  Time to clean the garage to see if they turn up before I call a locksmith.   :brickwall:

The only positive is that I finally got the boat in the water last week.  But they boned me $600 for five weeks extra storage because I have been too damn busy with work and graduation parties to work on ANYTHING. 

Lord Warlock

Test fitted 17x11 wheels on the charger this weekend, then proceeded to work on the dodge stealth which has been sitting for way too long.  Last week i put the first color coat of paint on it, this weekend, i wetsanded the surface (painting in the hobby garage tends to allow dust nibs to form in fresh paint, not nearly as clean as painting in the front garage with wallboard.   Anyways,  this weekend i sanded the body down, then put another guide coat of jamaican blue paint on the stealth, getting a decent coverage of the hood, and covering the light spots in the first coat.  (the pearl makes it look blotchy until you get the right coverage on it)  I plan on sanding this coat with 500 grit, then 800 grit by hand, then will attempt to put the final coat of paint on,  then i'll paint the roof, popup headlights and trim pieces black (jet black for top and headlight buckets, satin black for the trim pieces. I anticipate the final coat to go on next weekend, unless when i pull it out of the garage and notice i missed any spots, its hard to see everything with limited access i have now. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Lord Warlock

sorry for crappy pics, only had my ipad and my hands shake a bit after breathing too many fumes.  I'll get better ones with the real camera soon.  But at least the car's color is back to the original color again, shine actually looks good now, too bad i'll have to wetsand it to get it smooth enough for my liking.  sanding a fresh paint job is always hard to do,  getting it as glossy later is a tough job.  I actually had smooth wetlook jobs on this car when done in front garage, but fumes would get into the house, so had to stop doing that, back garage is a dustbin.   before this weekend, the hood was primered, and i had to fill and sand door dings on the rear left wheelwell and on trunk lid where you push it down to latch it.  Well within the realm of getting a 3rd coat on next weekend, it won't be finish sanded and buffed out for another month or so.  Paint is going a long way on this job, hood, nose, fenders, upper doors and upper rear fenders, and trunk lid all done with about 10oz of mixed paint (2 paint cups worth)

this one gives an idea of clearance between the stealth and the charger in this garage, can walk thru easy enough but waving a paint gun down there was fun, all without getting overspray on the charger.  
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.