News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any CHARGERS in Hawaii?..

Started by Brock Samson, September 01, 2006, 07:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

i think i was in the 7th grade when this was started  :moon:

ODZKing

Sorry I didn't see this before.  There are several folks I had got aquainted with that have Mopars over there.
We got married in Hawaii.  Oahu, we've been several times.  Big island once.
There was a club called Mopars on the Rocks but they disbanded a few years back.
I've been trying to talk my wife into retiring there, at least for part of the year.  We loved it.

6spd68

Quote from: moparsuebear on September 10, 2006, 07:55:51 PM
Saw a lot of the new chargers, BARF!

You mean those fugly Chrysler 300's with body kits?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

ncmiller1

My parents live in Kauai and when I was out there last year there was a classic car show at the Aston Aloha Beach Hotel in Kapaa.  The island car club/show was called "Cruzin' in Paradise" and there was a guy there with a '69 Charger with a '68 front grille.  He was in their local paper... here is the link:

http://thegardenisland.com/lifestyles/mopar-muscle-larry-koth-s-dodge-charger/article_3290174a-91bc-11e1-9baf-001a4bcf887a.html

If you ask around I believe they have cruises on Saturdays.

Mytur Binsdirti

I once dated a Hawaiian girl from Komeoniwannalayya.

TPR

Quote from: ncmiller1 on August 15, 2013, 05:53:20 AM
My parents live in Kauai and when I was out there last year there was a classic car show at the Aston Aloha Beach Hotel in Kapaa.  The island car club/show was called "Cruzin' in Paradise" and there was a guy there with a '69 Charger with a '68 front grille.  He was in their local paper... here is the link:

http://thegardenisland.com/lifestyles/mopar-muscle-larry-koth-s-dodge-charger/article_3290174a-91bc-11e1-9baf-001a4bcf887a.html

If you ask around I believe they have cruises on Saturdays.
Thanks for the lead.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

ODZKing

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 15, 2013, 08:01:06 AM
My first wife was from near Buffalo ... Lackawanna!  :smilielol:

AKcharger

Woo Hoo post resurrection!  :woohoo:

I spent a month on all the islands last year and never saw anything but Oahu has some I'm sure as there are TONS of people there. The drag strip is on Maui so that would be 2nd place I'd expect some. Molokai isn't that populated, same as lanai. Big Island and Kauai are possible for a few.

Tilar

Quote from: ODZKing on August 15, 2013, 10:34:34 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 15, 2013, 08:01:06 AM
My first wife was from near Buffalo ... Lackawanna!  :smilielol:

Maybe she knows a couple of my ex's.  :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

pippo702

Last week I've bought a used dome light for my charger througt ebay (we left ours on the car before it got blastsanded...!!!) and I've found that it came from Maui..I find it funny because I was there with my wife in our honeymoon exactly one year ago..we really miss that place!!!
Anyway..I believ this means that someone there is playing with mopars.. :-)