News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Full Size 2 door Blazers and Tahoes

Started by twodko, August 14, 2013, 12:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

A few months ago I bought a one owner 1994 Blazer Silverado trimmed K5 that is in mint condition with only 118k on it. It's just an awesome SUV for me but I have been looking for a 1999 lately. It's the last year GM made the 2 door models and hard to find.

I've been scouring CL and finally found one about 100 clicks away. She's a beaut with just 138k on it and second owner. Highway miles mostly by both. It an LS trimmed model, white with grey interior. Not my first exterior color choice but finding one of these, well maintained with low miles is not easy these days. A fellow "old fart" retiree and I are rolling Saturday with my step ladder and creeper to give it a thorough look-see.

Results of our recon will be forthcoming.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

chargd72

I've always been a fan of the 2 door version as well.  Good luck, man.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Brock Lee

I have one of each from the late 90's, a 2 door Blazer and a 2 door Tahoe. I like the Vortec in the Tahoe more. If you poke around the internet, there are pictures of someone hoarding these as well as 3rd gen F bodies. There are pictures of multiple properties they own on a street with the yards packed as closely parked together as possible.

chargerboy69

Tom, your 94 is a beauty.  I had no idea they made the 2 doors until 1999, I thought 96 or so, sounds very cool.  I love the white, my 1992 Yukon is  white with blue on the bottom and blue interior. You been around long enough to know board rules. . . . pictures please.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Brock Lee

twodko

OK, gotta go to my laptop.....iPads are nice but not for posting pix on DCM.......at least Indon't know how.

twodko

I looked at thatYouTube vid........that guys waiting out those......holding out for top dollar. That's exactly where the 2 door model are going too......top dollar.

twodko

Attached are pix of my 1994 Blazer, 118K miles, i'll be selling. follow-up post is the Tahoe Im going to eyeball Saturday.

twodko

chargerboy69

If you were closer I would be taking that 94 off your hands.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

The one you're looking at looks like a good one, wear wise.  I hope the running gear turns out decent.

twodko

I'm eager to have a look at it. My fellow old fart buddy riding shotgun with me is a far more accomplished mechanic than I am and he's vey picky. My creeper and short step ladder are already in the back of my current Blazer.

My bud suggested I make a "check list" so I don't forget the little stuff......oil canned roof, body gaps, fully functional cabin stuff.

The drive train, under the hood, surface street, freeway and dirt lot (4x4 ops) drives are givens. 200+ mile round trip though but worth it if the truck pans out.

If vehicle transport weren't so pricey we could make it happen Chargeboy69.  :shruggy:

twodko

I picked up the 1999 2 door Tahoe yesterday. It's as advertised, tight and right and a good buy. Runs very smoothly, everything works as new, nicely maintained, no rattles and is in very good condition for an almost 14 year old truck.

White wasn't my first color choice so my plan is to have the rocker panels painted with the silver color of that year to break up all that white.

I would like to add some tasteful "stock looking" paint accent to the hood as well. A lot of you guy have a great eye for this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Pictures are coming....

Tom

JB400

Congrats on the purchase. :2thumbs:  As for paint options on the hood, SS stripes look good, but are overdone.  How about just painting the indents silver? :popcrn:

chargerboy69

Quote from: twodko on August 19, 2013, 11:51:57 AM

I picked up the 1999 2 door Tahoe yesterday. It's as advertised, tight and right and a good buy. Runs very smoothly, everything works as new, nicely maintained, no rattles and is in very good condition for an almost 14 year old truck.

White wasn't my first color choice so my plan is to have the rocker panels painted with the silver color of that year to break up all that white.

I would like to add some tasteful "stock looking" paint accent to the hood as well. A lot of you guy have a great eye for this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Pictures are coming....

Tom

Tom,

I can not wait to see it, she sounds nice.

Here is my white and blue 1992 Yukon SLE, and yes, this is the original paint from the factory. She just turned 249,000 miles today.

I think a nice color below the trim line and matching flares would look nice.  The hood. . . not my thing, but may look sharp.

Tim

--Gerald Ford

twodko

Hey Tim,

That's what I had in my minds eye with the exception of painting the wheel open flares.
I took it down to the shop that painted my charger so the owner/family friend could give it the once over.
He suggested painting the wheel opening flares too so rocker panels and flares it'll be.

The guy is jammed but I asked the he get me in as soon as possible i.e. before the rainy season.
I'm eager to get it finished.

Since the truck has the LS grey cloth interior I'm going with the 1999 shade of silver for the rocker panels and flares.
I'm also having the two line vinyl pin stripes common on this body style in silver applied as well.
Can't wait! Also discovered today I'm probably looking at a new AC compressor.....it's not clutching up. Crap!

The cruise control will only engage occasionally so I need to get that fixed too. I use CC a lot for fuel economy. I'm aware of the 'computer reset", shut the engine off for 30 seconds thing but its not doing the trick.
Beyond these items it's a tight and right truck and the Vortex 350 alone was worth the search.
Thank you for the pictures Tim.