News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sell me complete disc brake conversion 69 charger

Started by darrin75, August 13, 2013, 11:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrin75

Anybody and complete conversion forsale. Some of these prices on the web are crazy. If I went that route it would take 2000 to 3000 dollars for complete conversion. Hell no. That's frigging crazy.
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

darrin75

Well maybe I am a little high. Also how do you set your brakes up when using drum brakes. Seems I have to much pedal.
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

twodko

Look at the Master Power Brake Company on the web. A complete disk brake convo for 2nd gens is $1000. They are great kits and I have put one on two cars.

You don't need to spend hyper bucks unless you have money to burn for a great conversion.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

chargerboy69

I bought mine from Cass Eslick (Dr. Diff ).

I am not sure what his basic kit cost but I upgraded and bought 12" slotted and drilled rotors, powder coated calipers, master cylinder and booster, lines and other stuff for $1100. It works perfect and I highly recommend him and his kit to anyone.

http://www.doctordiff.com/
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Big Sugar

Dr Diff (Cass) gets my vote for a no nonsence kit.  He's a great guy to deal with and he knows his stuff.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

ACUDANUT

Find a donar car. Any B or E car with front disc brakes will work. I have heard that some A bodies work too.

HPP

Used spindles and caliper brackets from the salvage yard, $100
New rotors and loaded calipers from Rock Auto, $400-500
New bearings, seals, hoses from a local source, $100

Complete for less than a grand.

Cooter

Quote from: HPP on August 15, 2013, 09:58:49 AM
Used spindles and caliper brackets from the salvage yard, $100
New rotors and loaded calipers from Rock Auto, $400-500
New bearings, seals, hoses from a local source, $100

Complete for less than a grand.
Yep. Provided one can still find a 1973-76 a body in the yards.
Best $500.00 I spent. Everything new but spindles.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 14, 2013, 11:41:28 PM
Find a donar car. Any B or E car with front disc brakes will work. I have heard that some A bodies work too.

My fronts are off a Chrysler Sebring with 14inc magnums lol

HPP

Spindles and caliper adapters can be found on any of the following:
74-76 A body
73-79 B body
73-74 E body
76-89 F, J, or M body

Dr Diff does make new caliper adapters for 11.75 rotors now as well.

ACUDANUT

Spindles/rotors, from any 68-74 B body will work too.

HPP

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 18, 2013, 09:46:42 AM
Spindles/rotors, from any 68-74 B body will work too.

Yes, but I'd avoid 68-72 B bodies for the simple fact that they use the smaller bearing and two piece rotors that are a bit pricey.

ACUDANUT

HPP

Sorry, the two piece rotors are 66-69 only. I'd still avoid 69-72 spindles for the small bearing reason. In either case, those rotors are going to be more expensive than the 1 piece unicast rotors used after '73.

Cooter

Quote from: HPP on August 20, 2013, 08:55:03 AM
Sorry, the two piece rotors are 66-69 only. I'd still avoid 69-72 spindles for the small bearing reason. In either case, those rotors are going to be more expensive than the 1 piece unicast rotors used after '73.

Yep, I got them POS rotors on my '72 Challenger. Easy to spot, as they look like the rotor fits BEHIND the studs/hub.
I think the early disc brake rotors like these were nothing more than "Adapted" rotors from the factory to a drum spindle with the smaller drum inner bearings.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Lord Warlock

May want to keep your eyes peeled on the classifieds here, I have one of the Master Power disc conversion kits for a 69 that i  bought quite a while ago...maybe 7 or 8 years back, then found new calipers for my bendix brakes and decided to keep the stock system with new rotors.  Anyway, I may be selling the MP brake system in the future to recoup some of my costs on new brake parts.  I know that i have the spindles, rotors and calipers (off of a 76 aspen i believe) all in new condition, I believe i even have the new hoses for the kit, and if i'm lucky might be able to find the bearings.  I spent about 1100 on them, the rotors and calipers are still in the boxes they came in.  The spindles have been sitting out on the shelf, no rust but would probably need some cleaning.  I've been keeping them in case i change my mind about the bendix brakes, but i just started putting new rotors and rebuilt calipers back on the car after a long wait, and may decide to sell the MP system (without master cylinder, as I already had a relatively unused master cylinder on the car.  Have no clue yet what i'd ask for them, and also not really sure how to ship a kit this heavy, probably in the 700 range plus shipping.

I'll list them when I get my original brakes working again, I've been planning to have the car towed to a shop to install new lines from the back to the front, and from the front to the master cylinder, and while there will have them check out the calipers that have been sitting for so long.  Still need to buy a few parts that i've lost, have to have the glass installed first before i'll move the car to the shop, so it isn't an immediate thing,  but once i'm sure i won't need them, i'll likely sell them to make room.  
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.