News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to go for a voltage regulator bracket?

Started by Dino, September 07, 2013, 05:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I want to mount a 70's voltage regulator in my 69 but don't have the bracket and bolts.  Who has these?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

I see one on ebay right now.  Not sure if it's the right one or even the right color, but it's the only thing I found...

bull

Dino

I saw the ebay one but wanted to find one new if available to compare.  I don't know why Rolik didn't turn up in a search but the link works!   :2thumbs:

That ecu bracket is real nice but I'm getting rid of mine when I have the Firecore system. 

Thanks gents 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

I have the stock Mopar regulator & ECU stand-off brackets on all my cars that require them....got them when they were readily available in wrecking yards.

I'm not totally convinced about the ECU bracket that bolts to the rear of the valley pan rail....seems to me that there's a lot of heat back there...and heat kills electronics

bull

Quote from: A383Wing on September 08, 2013, 01:48:57 PM
I have the stock Mopar regulator & ECU stand-off brackets on all my cars that require them....got them when they were readily available in wrecking yards.

I'm not totally convinced about the ECU bracket that bolts to the rear of the valley pan rail....seems to me that there's a lot of heat back there...and heat kills electronics

I doubt there's more heat there than 8 inches back up on the firewall.

BrianShaughnessy

The voltage regulator brackets are on ebay.

I put on one of those ecu brackets awhile back.    No problem so far.   The ecu looks kinda outta place on the firewall of a car not originally equipped with it so it sorta hides it.  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: A383Wing on September 08, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Just believe!!

5+ years on mine....no issues

ON a BB you have plenty of cool air flow under manifold...
much further away from exh manifiold heat than on firewall or inner fender   :Twocents:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T