News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Registry

Started by hatersaurusrex, May 02, 2012, 10:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

I've seen a bit of talk about the lack of this kind of site (a shame).  I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind of resources it would take to start one?   To those of you who already run the other registries,  what is involved if I were planning on doing this kind of thing?    Does it need some sort of official blessing from somewhere?  Has this been attempted and/or abandoned before?

I have no problem setting this up given a little extra time, but want to know what I'd be getting into.  Thoughts?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

472 R/T SE

Troy, the owner of this site, is in the preliminary stages of offering the '68 Registry.

He's quite busy so in due time.

Troy

There are some recent threads. Dan (Dans 68) is currently collecting information but there's nothing publicly visible at the moment. There was a slight bump in the road when someone else started a (paid) 68 Registry so I put it on hold. Then that Registry died - as did the one before it. Anyone contemplating starting a Registry should at least have the commitment/stamina to hang in there for more than a year. :2cents:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Just theorizing but I think a lot of people who contemplate these kinds of projects initially believe its a simple as uploading a boxed program to the web and then sitting back to watch as people send in the info.
I could be completely wrong about that but I know it is what I once thought until some of the IT guys at work showed me the maintainence they have to do to keep websites running.

RIDELIKEHELL

Really looking forward to it! Keep up the great work TROY  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

hatersaurusrex

I work in IT for a living and have run a few websites on my own so I do know the involvement level in keeping a site up and running, backed up, etc.  Even a small one is a lot of design hours.    Most of the free php scripts out there need to be modified in some way to collect the data, or a custom one needs to be built with some sort of database on the backend.

I'm glad to see someone is doing it, and if I can help I'd be glad to.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Dino

Now who in their right mind would care about a registry for a lowly 68...they only got it right a year later.    :D  :D  :stirthepot:  :stirthepot:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

For the record, my first car was a 68 and I love them to death.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bull

Just ran across this quote from 2008 :whistling::

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 09, 2008, 01:55:41 PM
O.K., we really need to get a '68 registry going, if only to document the idiosyncrasities on the '68's. I'm willing to help in anyway possible. Troy...?   :scratchchin:

Dan