News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DOH

Started by hawkeye, August 10, 2013, 07:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

i know what you mean,however i never grew up with musclecars, i hung out with ricer kids, but it was the same mentality, modify a car the way you want it (even if it can be outrun by a minivan :D ) and enjoy it, but around the same time i started watching reruns of the dukes and fell in love with the general, was a cool looking car  and i wanted one even though i no idea what it was.  :lol:

Mike DC

It's not just GLs that draw negative comments.

Some people are always gonna be telling you that your Charger should be done differently, no matter what.  It happens even if you show up with an original #'s matching Hemi 4spd car.    

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 11, 2013, 01:48:43 AM

It's not just GLs that draw negative comments.

Some people are always gonna be telling you that your Charger should be done differently, no matter what.  It happens even if you

show up with an original #'s matching Hemi 4spd car.    

Lol even we are guilty of it here at dc.com  :icon_smile_big:

hawkeye

Sorry to have opened a can of worms.  I very seldom read DOH posts because they don't interest me.  I have a gizmo that came with the computer called a mouse that allows me to click on and read only the posts I am interested in.   I had just been talking to a guy who said the only reason he had a charger was the DOH show and wondered how it might have affected the market.  I just figured there would be a lot of people here who might have some insights.  In the future I will restrict my questions/comments to those of a more technical nature to avoid offending anyone.

JB400

It's not you Hawkeye.  Some people don't know how to use a mouse. :icon_smile_blackeye:

bull

There has been negligible increase in the value of the 69 Charger due to the DOH show, however, the 1980 Jeep CJ-7 "Golden Eagle" values have increased 2%-7% over what they would have otherwise.

Mike DC

QuoteSorry to have opened a can of worms.  I very seldom read DOH posts because they don't interest me.  I have a gizmo that came with the computer called a mouse that allows me to click on and read only the posts I am interested in.   I had just been talking to a guy who said the only reason he had a charger was the DOH show and wondered how it might have affected the market.  I just figured there would be a lot of people here who might have some insights.  In the future I will restrict my questions/comments to those of a more technical nature to avoid offending anyone

Don't worry about it, man. 

Some people are tired of DOH threads but it's not a big hot-button topic provoking fury from people.  And it's not exactly the only worn-out subject on here.

There's a couple other big DOH forums where GL fans congregate.  So this place isn't getting totally overrun with unwanted DOH chatter most of the time.

It's not so much even that you started a DOH thread, it's just that the specific issue of "DOH ---> Charger values" has been pretty worn out.  That, and "the show wrecked too many cars / but they caused a lot to be saved too" and "they shouldn't be wrecking another Charger at a live DOH event these days, even a stripped-down rusty P.O.S." 

Whereas if you had started a thread to post a few pics of seeing a surviving TV-series General Lee at a local car show or something, it wouldn't provoke any negative response.

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on August 10, 2013, 06:37:47 PM

Cooter, people post crap about the GL just to get a rise out of you and it works every time. :Twocents:

That is my EXACT point. We should be here to help out the newbies instead of Posting to create unwanted drama.

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: hawkeye on August 11, 2013, 09:29:05 AM
Sorry to have opened a can of worms.  I very seldom read DOH posts because they don't interest me.  I have a gizmo that came with the computer called a mouse that allows me to click on and read only the posts I am interested in.   I had just been talking to a guy who said the only reason he had a charger was the DOH show and wondered how it might have affected the market.  I just figured there would be a lot of people here who might have some insights.  In the future I will restrict my questions/comments to those of a more technical nature to avoid offending anyone.

Not offended at you let's get that straight right now. However, these types post this Keyboard diarrhea for no other reason than to act like douches. FULLY knowing that yet another thread will go down in flames because of it. I ask them then, WHY THE F*CK DO IT THEN??????????????

I'm here to help you and any others that need it. That's what I thought we were all here for. Some however, seem to think posting this bullsh*t makes their seemingly boring little dismal lives that much more Important. THAT was why it ALWAYS turns into this. There are a lot of good people here that DO have actual thoughtful insights, they just have gotten tired of dealing with this crap. I realize I'm all alone in this, so look at like you will. Sorry if you took the DOH HERE in a negative light.

As stated above you will offend someone today just by waking up in a good mood. (Look at this thread for example). I will be glad to answer any questions you might have, even if it's about the most popular Charger ever conceived. No need to feel like you have to "Restrict" yourself.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

Well, threads getting locked might also happen when people overreact to amiable jabs with rants and cusswords.

Cooter

AGAIN, why do it if you know what's coming then????

I cannot seem to get a straight answer on this. If one lives in a free country and can certainly do what he/she likes, even though this means while they certainly have the right to walk down Crenshaw in South Central LA, and scream the "N" word as loud as he/she likes, yet they do not. WHY????
Could it be because it wouldn't be in their best interest?

Inevidably, you always have ONE person who thinks they can get away with what the rest of the sane world has determined to be a bad idea. WHY isn't the one person attacked and bullied then? I mean clearly the DOH is a sore subject here and I didn't reply until douchebag replied the way he did.  I was asked politely to back off, so I did, but this sh*t has got to stop. (At least I do not spell out the words. I have seen mods/people here actually spell out the cusswords they use).

Why is it the one who points out the person who f*cked up (Yes, I would say the exact same words to your face as I post here cuss words or not. Just because they are cuss words, doesn't always mean some is angry BTW), always having to defend his/her position when it should be crystal clear?

While I merely pointed this out in my first reply that I certainly would be the only one. Standing all alone in this. So be it but,  No one has offered a clear reasoning as to why this is the case. Could it be because I don't own a Hemi this, or Six pack that? Maybe because I don't own any cloned/real wing cars? Or post numerous half naked women pics? Or could it be because I don't have 150K sports cars in my driveway???

But, please, whatever you do Bull, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining by trying to tell me that It's because nobody here likes "Drama threads"...
Obviously, that is not the case, as there should be only ONE PERSON who posted in this thread "Ranting" and replying with "Cuss owrds" as to why he posted some traded bullsh*t in a thread knowing the outcome wouldn't be favorable. Yet, here I am "Ranting" again??? Why??? Is it really that you do not understand ?????

Just like my reply in tuff cat's thread about his Coronet/damaged. I replied to one of his jabs with what I figured was completely inline with his BS, yet, I kept seeing things like "Tuffy handled that ALOT better than I would have" sh*t. REALLY? He jabs at me, I jab back, and I'M THE ONE WHO GETS A REPLY LIKE THAT?

Ok, no problem, I know Tuffy took that one to heart. Guess what?
I haven't replied like that again to tuf cat. It's so simple. Yet, AGAIN, here I am explaining, err, sorry....."Ranting" about it again...

ws23rt

Quote from: charge69 on August 10, 2013, 12:34:03 PM
I think I've got some factory air around here somewhere ! :rofl: :rofl:   If not, I could always use the "hot air" generated by a number of the usual posters around here and say it's original DodgeCharger.com air!  Most people would understand, for sure! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

:2thumbs: Btw Argon in the tires is best.  
Nu huh. --- Tis too.---No way it's too heavy. Unsprung weight!---Tires last forever---No way they go bald---but the inside is good---The outside is best---The outside of what is best?---the tire numnuts---my insides are best---Nu huh---That's second---What's first---original air in the tires---Than what's second---argon is second---no way---tis too---argon is not on the vin tag it must be after market---that is a restored tire to better that stock.
But my friend had a mustang. ---no way ---did too it had a viper 4sp---Did it have argon? :shruggy:  ---------------

Sorry I was reading this thread and got confused.---My mind wandered ::)

General_01

Cooter, people do it because it is funny to listen to your worn out rants. Another question is: Why do you rant every time if you know what's coming? :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

JB400

Quote from: General_01 on August 11, 2013, 09:18:17 PM
Cooter, people do it because it is funny to listen to your worn out rants. Another question is: Why do you rant every time if you know what's coming? :shruggy:
Probably because everyone else that supports and enjoys movie cars like General Lee, Kitt, and Eleanor has been either run off or put into silent mode by those that would rather prefer that those type of cars never existed, or would fade off into Hollywood legend.  Personally, I don't see what the big deal is.  The way I see it, if you have or want a GL, it's for one of two reasons: you're either wanting attention, or you're enjoying a part of your youth.  What is wrong with either reason. :shruggy: Not much different than those so called purists. It seems to me both parties are floating in the same boat at different ends trying to go different directions.  How many are going over the falls?

Cooter, if you don't like others using cuss words, don't use them yourself, even if you don't spell them out entirely.  Lead by example.  If you don't mind, clean up your post.

Everyone else, if you don't like the Dukes, that's fine.  No one is forcing you to.  Yes, there is other sites for the GL, but there are also other sites for you as well.  I do ask that you respect those that do enjoy DoH.  Jabs are fine, but don't be causing a flame war.  No one enjoys reading it, plus it gives the site a bad rap.  It not only reflects back on us, but Troy as well.

Lets get back to enjoying the one thing we do have in common, enjoying our Chargers, no matter the year or how they're painted. :cheers:

Baldwinvette77

Plus im sure every charger owner, purist or hotrodder has had the desire to slide across their hood and/or hop through the window  :coolgleamA: and for those that said they dont want to are sad and are probably lying anyway  :slap:

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 12, 2013, 01:45:17 AM

Cooter, if you don't like others using cuss words, don't use them yourself, even if you don't spell them out entirely.  Lead by example.  If you don't mind, clean up your post.

Know what Stroker, you have a valid point and point taken. Will make an attempt to clean up posts. You are correct, I should be above and better than the douches that post like 2 year olds. I just feel that my point was valid as I'm trying to better this place. the stupid crap like what became this debacle, is only posted here trying to bring negativity/drama/etc. to this place.

BTW: Never said I had a problem with others using cuss words, only users that accuse ME of using them(Like I'm supposed to overlook the fact that I've seen ALOT worse in pictures here) when I see them spelled out completely by others. No, I have NO problem with them. Spelled or otherwise. I'm a member of MWSC board and I can tell you what, half these posters wouldn't make it past the front door if they walked through posting this BS. You talk it, your card gets pulled quickly. At least I'm trying to discuss it rather than just come out blasting. It could be a lot worse.

Cooter

Please try and understand, when one has a valid point, it most certainly is NOT a "Worn out" rant. [I offer anything political to do with the B.O. Admin. for example] Wanna talk about worn out???

You ask a valid question and it deserves what I fear NO one will reply to my question, a "real "answer.

Here goes. Well, I reply because too many DOH fans and Charger fans in general [Pun intended], Have left because no one stood up for what's right. They just took the easy road and left. I refuse. I am correct, and the drama queens are not funny no matter how many think they are. Drama serves NO GOOD purpose in anybody lives. We have enough to deal with in our personal lives so I don't wish to see some pompus arrogant, douche posting it here. THAT's why I "Rant" for the ones standing up for what's right. Afterall, Too many today have taken the same road the others that left have allowed this country to be where it is today. I refuse.  Hope it answered your questionI really do not know what else to tell you if you cannot see who's bringing the drama here. Jabs are fine.
Doing this crap is flaming and the douche that posted it knows that. only YOU and others cannot see it.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on August 12, 2013, 06:15:54 AM
I "Rant" for the ones standing up for what's right.

Every time you rant, this comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed0Hg7stjHE

:smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

Baldwinvette77

:whistling:

duanesterrr

The first 2nd gen I saw was on the DOH.  I'm 28 so a whole summer back when I was 13 or 14 me and my bro would watch 2-3 episodes a day on Tv Land (I think that was the channel).  I was hooked then on the charger.

I would like to think that if I never saw the show I would still have the 2nd gen charger as my #1 car to own.  However, I cannot prove that would be the case.  As I sit now I want to own a 68 over a 69.  I am not interested in owning a GL at all.  I'd even go for a challenger/cuda at his point.  The show brought me into the Mopar world so to speak.

To comment on the OP's post about value... I would say there is a slight (maybe 5%) increase in value on base Chargers because of the DOH (I said base Charger here because I think once you get to the R/T level and above it has no influence as the rarity of the car is the driving force).  In the end, there just aren't a lot of these cars around so the ol supply V demand sets the price.

I think the show definetely brought more people into the fold.  However, the majority of owners of 2nd gen's would have that car in their garage either way IMO.  2nd gen Chargers are some of the best looking cars ever created on the planet and really epitomize much of the American spirit.

JB400

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 12, 2013, 08:10:46 AM
Quote from: Cooter on August 12, 2013, 06:15:54 AM
I "Rant" for the ones standing up for what's right.

Every time you rant, this comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed0Hg7stjHE

:smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:
Since we're giving each other cartoon personalities  :whistling: :nana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WS32J_ic5o

Quote from: Cooter on August 12, 2013, 06:09:04 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 12, 2013, 01:45:17 AM

Cooter, if you don't like others using cuss words, don't use them yourself, even if you don't spell them out entirely.  Lead by example.  If you don't mind, clean up your post.

Know what Stroker, you have a valid point and point taken. Will make an attempt to clean up posts. You are correct, I should be above and better than the douches that post like 2 year olds. I just feel that my point was valid as I'm trying to better this place. the stupid crap like what became this debacle, is only posted here trying to bring negativity/drama/etc. to this place.

BTW: Never said I had a problem with others using cuss words, only users that accuse ME of using them(Like I'm supposed to overlook the fact that I've seen ALOT worse in pictures here) when I see them spelled out completely by others. No, I have NO problem with them. Spelled or otherwise. I'm a member of MWSC board and I can tell you what, half these posters wouldn't make it past the front door if they walked through posting this BS. You talk it, your card gets pulled quickly. At least I'm trying to discuss it rather than just come out blasting. It could be a lot worse.

:cheers:  Everyone has the right to stand up for what they believe in :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Mike DC

myk

Quote from: duanesterrr on August 12, 2013, 10:09:16 AM

I think the show definetely brought more people into the fold.  However, the majority of owners of 2nd gen's would have that car in their garage either way IMO.  2nd gen Chargers are some of the best looking cars ever created on the planet and really epitomize much of the American spirit.

Wise words.  DOH also wow'ed me as a kid in the 90's, and ever since then I wanted a 2nd Gen to drive.  I've grown away from the DOH but I won't forget that's what brought me to 2nd Gen's in the first place.  Another bit of wise advice has already been posted: if someone doesn't like the thread topic, then avoid it.  If someone cuts in on a thread to ruin it, ignore them; most of us here are mature enough to handle things in that way, and not wasting time and energy on thread-crappers should be standard operating procedure...

68RT4ME

Cooter you're so right but if you wanna see what really gets the villagers to light up torches and heat up some oil and coals, just have someone try to start a thread about the '05-present Chargers. That will get ya run off real quick.

Hey, I'm for anything that's Charger related (well except maybe those Omni Charger/Daytona things :eek2:) but that's it. (Well maybe those Cordoba models, "What were they thinking there? :puke:") but that's it...... Err, (Well maybe them Aussie ones with the steering on the wrong side of the cars? :coocoo:) But that's it.......

Otherwise, Anything Charger should be fine to talk about without ridicule..... Just sayin.. :rofl:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd