News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DOH

Started by hawkeye, August 10, 2013, 07:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

Just read the thread about the start of the DOH.  Didn't want to hijack that one but it got me to thinking.  What did that show do to the value of 2nd gen chargers today?  I feel it has added 20% to 30% to their value.  They always (at least in my mind) were an iconic car but this current glut of Bo and Luke want-to-bees has got to have affected the market.  What do you guys think?

1974dodgecharger

Yes, they popularize the 2nd gens but u can't popularize a car people don't like.  The 2nd gens have always gotten more love than any other gen in general just getting people to notice them gives them more value.

GOTWING

Dmcl did it for me not doh :yesnod:

Mytur Binsdirti

Another dukes thread.  ::)

Mike DC

The whole subject of DOH and Charger values has been debated ad nauseam.  (Along with the pros and cons of the show wrecking so many cars versus causing so many others to be restored later, etc.)  

My two cents:

DOH probably inflates the values of scruffy buildable 318/auto '69 cars quite a bit, and to some extent the '68s too.  But the show's effect on a nice 1970 R/T has probably never been much at all.
 The car was a star before DOH and it would still be one without it.  DOH mainly gave it more exposure/appeal among a younger generation than it might have had otherwise.  

Aside from about 1975-85, 2nd-gen Chargers have really never been "cheap."  People have a way of remembering things being cheap "back in the day" but that's rose-colored glasses for the most part.

In the early '70s a nice Charger still cost a lot for a used Dodge 2dr sedan.  By the later 1980s the values had already passed their low point and the nicer cars were already appreciating fast.  The kids heavily affected by DOH were still decades away from affecting Charger prices but the cars were no longer throwaways.  The modern era of collectible muscle cars with crazy-high prices just because of the VIN number alone . . . this was well in gear by the early 1990s.      

Sometimes people talk nostalgically about Charger prices as recent as the late 1990s.  I have to call bullshit on that.  I remember those days and nobody thought Charger prices were cheap at the time.  The numbers sound low because of subsequent inflation, not because they were really low.  

The average car also received less resto work then.  A "decent" car cost less because our idea of a decent car was not as thoroughly restored as it is now.  Any car that had been giving a total redo (like the "average" car has had by now) was a lot of money then too.

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 10, 2013, 08:07:32 AM
Another dukes thread.
sucks almost as bad as yet another thread about an all original hemi with the factory air in the tires huh?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charge69

I think I've got some factory air around here somewhere ! :rofl: :rofl:   If not, I could always use the "hot air" generated by a number of the usual posters around here and say it's original DodgeCharger.com air!  Most people would understand, for sure! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Quote from: hawkeye on August 10, 2013, 07:27:50 AM
Just read the thread about the start of the DOH.  Didn't want to hijack that one but it got me to thinking.  What did that show do to the value of 2nd gen chargers today?  I feel it has added 20% to 30% to their value.  They always (at least in my mind) were an iconic car but this current glut of Bo and Luke want-to-bees has got to have affected the market.  What do you guys think?
yes, you are correct. Howeverin my opinion, the value of 2nd gen chargers has to do with both the popularity and the lack of affordable cars. Ihave seen first hand this when a hemi this or six pack that shows at shows. Everyone is quick to acuse DOH fans snd owners of GLs of being attention chasers.  Ok that hemi charger could have been shown just as easily with a 318. Why go for the hemi?    Only time this "bo and luke wannabe"sees any issue is when the GL outshines that hemi for popularity.  And it costs about 20 times less than the hemi, even with the 30% value increase.  I offer the post above as proof of this theory. Just sayin.  The GL people don't post like this in the literally 1000s of threads discussing which Wheels have the correct freaking codes.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

So much for having a peaceful DOH thread :rotz:

I doubt that there is much of doh factor anymore.  The movies were bad and didn't really glorify the car that much.  If the movies had a better plot and characters, then there might be more of an impact on the hobby.  Being the shows are no longer on tv, the doh is a waning tide.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on August 10, 2013, 12:23:49 PM
Another dukes thread.
sucks almost as bad as yet another thread about an all original hemi with the factory air in the tires huh?

Can't remember the last time I read one of those Ace.  ::)

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 10, 2013, 12:46:45 PM
Another dukes thread.

Can't remember the last time I read one of those Ace.  ::)
your thread is like what 9 pages long now?LMFAO!

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 10, 2013, 12:40:44 PM

I hear 'ya Stroker.  :2thumbs:
Well, I do not post replies in someone's Hemi Charger, One of three built, Whatever thread like...."Oh boy, another Hemi charger, what's it worth, barn find"  

I for one am tired of seeing this sh*t and how many times does this crap have to happen before these armchair bandits learn that Newbies will ask about the DOH, and they learn to deal with it??? NOTHING Charger should be taboo here. Am I wrong in this thinking??? If so, then please let me get a list together of taboo subjects that I would like NOT to be discussed here. (I have plenty).

I deal with the Hemi stuff, the "OMG, that C500 is so gorgeous, Oh man, I'd love to have that Hemi/six pack" threads. Why do these types have to come into the DOH threads and try to be cute? I know of 6-8 Members that walked off due to this very thing about the DOH. WTF? I thought we were a "Family". A "Brotherhood"...I guess if you ask about the DOH, your the red-headed step child of the "Family" then huh? Someone's gotta stand up for what's right in this h8t. I guess I'm the only one who gives enough of a damn to do it all by myself. All the PMs don't mean Nothing to me if you ain't got the balls to come out and speak up. So, it's only me. I'll make it easy for those who want to try and say that I'm the problem and nobody else seems to think the way I do because they didn't reply here. (Yes, I've been hit with that one here too, bring it on). This ain't right and all who posted negatively know it. They are just turning yet, another thread to sh*t.

No, it has to do with this "Well, I been here since the early days, so that gives me the right to act this way" mentality. BS. I deal with the answering the same questions over and over again to help newbies. NOT posting things like "Do a search, you'll be ok"...That's condescending, rude, and basically, acting like an azz.

1974dodgecharger

Another dukes thread.

Does factory air In The tires increase its value since that air can never be repro?

Cooter

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 10, 2013, 01:56:23 PM
Another dukes thread.

Does factory air In The tires increase its value since that air can never be repro?

No, it is stale, therefore, cannot increase value. Fresh air will always increase values. Afterall, "Stale" things get older quicker, so you have to work at it to increase it's overall value. Plus, due to the moisture content in some factory airs, this can actually decrease value as the OEM wheels tend to rust.

myk

Quote from: Cooter on August 10, 2013, 01:14:57 PM

I deal with the Hemi stuff, the "OMG, that C500 is so gorgeous, Oh man, I'd love to have that Hemi/six pack" threads. Why do these types have to come into the DOH threads and try to be cute? I know of 6-8 Members that walked off due to this very thing about the DOH. WTF? I thought we were a "Family". A "Brotherhood"...I guess if you ask about the DOH, your the red-headed step child of the "Family" then huh?

Oh it's a brotherhood and a family alright, and you can be a part of it as long as you've got the right car and the proper elitist-snob attitude to go along with it.  But...I don't worry about those guys.  There're plenty of people that are just here for anything Charger and those are the people I care about...

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on August 10, 2013, 12:50:49 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 10, 2013, 12:46:45 PM
Another dukes thread.

Can't remember the last time I read one of those Ace.  ::)
your thread is like what 9 pages long now?LMFAO!

Uh oh it's the weekend and  Cooter started drinking again.

charge69

Here .. Here  MYK !!  

I really enjoy the guys that have the "anything Charger" attitude and questions also! I, personally, would not and did not build a DOH car but, more power to those who do!! Their enthusiasm and excitement about their Charger is, definitely, what these cars are supposed to be about and I respect and enjoy this attitude about Chargers, DOH clones or not!

Their always will be the "everything must be factory stock" crowd but, I will never be one of them. I enjoy going to a car show and seeing the result of someone's blood, sweat, and tears build, stock or not! Obviously, they are proud of their restoration and the "personal touches" they made along the way or they would not be there!

I will not pretend to know enough about restoring Chargers to be answering anyone's questions but, I am glad someone here does know the answers. Finding the answers to mine and other people's questions should be the core of this website. Belittling someone else's wishes and/or dreams should not have a place here!

Back N Black

Well, I do not post replies in someone's Hemi Charger, One of three built, Whatever thread like...."Oh boy, another Hemi charger, what's it worth, barn find"  

I for one am tired of seeing this sh*t and how many times does this crap have to happen before these armchair bandits learn that Newbies will ask about the DOH, and they learn to deal with it??? NOTHING Charger should be taboo here. Am I wrong in this thinking??? If so, then please let me get a list together of taboo subjects that I would like NOT to be discussed here. (I have plenty).

I deal with the Hemi stuff, the "OMG, that C500 is so gorgeous, Oh man, I'd love to have that Hemi/six pack" threads. Why do these types have to come into the DOH threads and try to be cute? I know of 6-8 Members that walked off due to this very thing about the DOH. WTF? I thought we were a "Family". A "Brotherhood"...I guess if you ask about the DOH, your the red-headed step child of the "Family" then huh? Someone's gotta stand up for what's right in this h8t. I guess I'm the only one who gives enough of a damn to do it all by myself. All the PMs don't mean Nothing to me if you ain't got the balls to come out and speak up. So, it's only me. I'll make it easy for those who want to try and say that I'm the problem and nobody else seems to think the way I do because they didn't reply here. (Yes, I've been hit with that one here too, bring it on). This ain't right and all who posted negatively know it. They are just turning yet, another thread to sh*t.

No, it has to do with this "Well, I been here since the early days, so that gives me the right to act this way" mentality. BS. I deal with the answering the same questions over and over again to help newbies. NOT posting things like "Do a search, you'll be ok"...That's condescending, rude, and basically, acting like an azz.

Cooter, people post crap about the GL just to get a rise out of you and it works every time. :Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

Winner winner.......................

Tilar

Quote from: hawkeye on August 10, 2013, 07:27:50 AM
I feel it has added 20% to 30% to their value. 

I think that would be quite a stretch. I think it might add 10% on a good day and only to someone who wanted it strictly because that was what they used to make the General. Many of us loved and wanted these cars long before the DOH ever came along.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

cdr

i have to admit when i 1st got the charger i have now,i had a bad attitude towards a gen lee,now i can see the good when it comes to saving a 2nd gen, if it's a gen lee or a resto mod or what ever OE GOLD,DONT DOWN someone for their likes. COOTER , MYK & CHARGE69  HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD !!!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ws23rt

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 10, 2013, 09:09:43 AM

The whole subject of DOH and Charger values has been debated ad nauseam.  (Along with the pros and cons of the show wrecking so many cars versus causing so many others to be restored later, etc.)  

My two cents:

DOH probably inflates the values of scruffy buildable 318/auto '69 cars quite a bit, and to some extent the '68s too.  But the show's effect on a nice 1970 R/T has probably never been much at all.
 The car was a star before DOH and it would still be one without it.  DOH mainly gave it more exposure/appeal among a younger generation than it might have had otherwise.  

Aside from about 1975-85, 2nd-gen Chargers have really never been "cheap."  People have a way of remembering things being cheap "back in the day" but that's rose-colored glasses for the most part.

In the early '70s a nice Charger still cost a lot for a used Dodge 2dr sedan.  By the later 1980s the values had already passed their low point and the nicer cars were already appreciating fast.  The kids heavily affected by DOH were still decades away from affecting Charger prices but the cars were no longer throwaways.  The modern era of collectible muscle cars with crazy-high prices just because of the VIN number alone . . . this was well in gear by the early 1990s.      

Sometimes people talk nostalgically about Charger prices as recent as the late 1990s.  I have to call bullshit on that.  I remember those days and nobody thought Charger prices were cheap at the time.  The numbers sound low because of subsequent inflation, not because they were really low.  

The average car also received less resto work then.  A "decent" car cost less because our idea of a decent car was not as thoroughly restored as it is now.  Any car that had been giving a total redo (like the "average" car has had by now) was a lot of money then too.

Well said and I remember those times.
The DOH added to the group of people that needed to have one. As far as to it's affect on the market that is a debate that can have no resolution
What's true is both groups are the same group. We like the charger!
The ones that came to like it cause the neighbor had one, or an uncle's friend had one, or they watched the DOH. The are all the same.
If our uncle's friend had a hemi rt than that sticks with us just like a jumper that was just orange and could fly.
It's about the image and style that catches the eye especially when we are early teens.
I would think the DOH folks are a bit younger as a group because of the reruns and the movies. If a poll was taken it should show this. :shruggy:

Mopar Nut

Who cares, it's a Dodge Charger, made in AMERICA by Americans period!

Build what you want, this is America.   ;D

BTW, I bought mine because Daisy Duke was in one.   :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ws23rt

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 10, 2013, 08:24:50 PM
Who cares, it's a Dodge Charger, made in AMERICA by Americans period!

Build what you want, this is America.   ;D

BTW, I bought mine because Daisy Duke was in one.   :2thumbs:

And here we have it. I can think of no better reason to implant on a young male. And when she gets old the car will not. :2thumbs:

SUPERSTAR14

Cooter I stand with you, It's quite possible we are brothers from other mothers. lol. I am 42, grew up watching the dukes, fell in love with the General, I feel like no one can relate to that car as well as I can.
I grew up driving muscle cars, plenty of 'em, they were cheap when I was coming of age, never had the opportunity to buy a charger but was always a dream to own one. Fast forward a few years and 2 kids, the muscle car market here in MN got so out of control with "purists" it took the fun out of wanting to get another. I got into street rods, met some great people, and enjoyed the cars, all of them! Because they are all different and follow no rules other than HAVING FUN. Now that I bought my '69 and have started talking to people about the resto project I find myself not giving ALL the info because I know some will be turned away. WTF? Are we not suppose to enjoy a car that is not "factory correct"? I do appreciate a numbers matching this, that, or the other but they are not for me. I like individuality. I also think we should all be able to get along whether it's numbers matching or a general or resto mod. We all have a common interest.......CHARGER......So why is there so much hatred towards those that don't build it back to stock? I saw a tubbed out 69 el camino when I was 17, painted on the tail gate in huge letters it said "STOCK SUCKS". I thought it was funny at the time, now I understand it. Some cars need to be stock, most do not. OK, I'm rambling now, better go before I make some friends.
-Pat

Baldwinvette77

i know what you mean,however i never grew up with musclecars, i hung out with ricer kids, but it was the same mentality, modify a car the way you want it (even if it can be outrun by a minivan :D ) and enjoy it, but around the same time i started watching reruns of the dukes and fell in love with the general, was a cool looking car  and i wanted one even though i no idea what it was.  :lol:

Mike DC

It's not just GLs that draw negative comments.

Some people are always gonna be telling you that your Charger should be done differently, no matter what.  It happens even if you show up with an original #'s matching Hemi 4spd car.    

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 11, 2013, 01:48:43 AM

It's not just GLs that draw negative comments.

Some people are always gonna be telling you that your Charger should be done differently, no matter what.  It happens even if you

show up with an original #'s matching Hemi 4spd car.    

Lol even we are guilty of it here at dc.com  :icon_smile_big:

hawkeye

Sorry to have opened a can of worms.  I very seldom read DOH posts because they don't interest me.  I have a gizmo that came with the computer called a mouse that allows me to click on and read only the posts I am interested in.   I had just been talking to a guy who said the only reason he had a charger was the DOH show and wondered how it might have affected the market.  I just figured there would be a lot of people here who might have some insights.  In the future I will restrict my questions/comments to those of a more technical nature to avoid offending anyone.

JB400

It's not you Hawkeye.  Some people don't know how to use a mouse. :icon_smile_blackeye:

bull

There has been negligible increase in the value of the 69 Charger due to the DOH show, however, the 1980 Jeep CJ-7 "Golden Eagle" values have increased 2%-7% over what they would have otherwise.

Mike DC

QuoteSorry to have opened a can of worms.  I very seldom read DOH posts because they don't interest me.  I have a gizmo that came with the computer called a mouse that allows me to click on and read only the posts I am interested in.   I had just been talking to a guy who said the only reason he had a charger was the DOH show and wondered how it might have affected the market.  I just figured there would be a lot of people here who might have some insights.  In the future I will restrict my questions/comments to those of a more technical nature to avoid offending anyone

Don't worry about it, man. 

Some people are tired of DOH threads but it's not a big hot-button topic provoking fury from people.  And it's not exactly the only worn-out subject on here.

There's a couple other big DOH forums where GL fans congregate.  So this place isn't getting totally overrun with unwanted DOH chatter most of the time.

It's not so much even that you started a DOH thread, it's just that the specific issue of "DOH ---> Charger values" has been pretty worn out.  That, and "the show wrecked too many cars / but they caused a lot to be saved too" and "they shouldn't be wrecking another Charger at a live DOH event these days, even a stripped-down rusty P.O.S." 

Whereas if you had started a thread to post a few pics of seeing a surviving TV-series General Lee at a local car show or something, it wouldn't provoke any negative response.

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on August 10, 2013, 06:37:47 PM

Cooter, people post crap about the GL just to get a rise out of you and it works every time. :Twocents:

That is my EXACT point. We should be here to help out the newbies instead of Posting to create unwanted drama.

Cooter

Quote from: hawkeye on August 11, 2013, 09:29:05 AM
Sorry to have opened a can of worms.  I very seldom read DOH posts because they don't interest me.  I have a gizmo that came with the computer called a mouse that allows me to click on and read only the posts I am interested in.   I had just been talking to a guy who said the only reason he had a charger was the DOH show and wondered how it might have affected the market.  I just figured there would be a lot of people here who might have some insights.  In the future I will restrict my questions/comments to those of a more technical nature to avoid offending anyone.

Not offended at you let's get that straight right now. However, these types post this Keyboard diarrhea for no other reason than to act like douches. FULLY knowing that yet another thread will go down in flames because of it. I ask them then, WHY THE F*CK DO IT THEN??????????????

I'm here to help you and any others that need it. That's what I thought we were all here for. Some however, seem to think posting this bullsh*t makes their seemingly boring little dismal lives that much more Important. THAT was why it ALWAYS turns into this. There are a lot of good people here that DO have actual thoughtful insights, they just have gotten tired of dealing with this crap. I realize I'm all alone in this, so look at like you will. Sorry if you took the DOH HERE in a negative light.

As stated above you will offend someone today just by waking up in a good mood. (Look at this thread for example). I will be glad to answer any questions you might have, even if it's about the most popular Charger ever conceived. No need to feel like you have to "Restrict" yourself.

bull

Well, threads getting locked might also happen when people overreact to amiable jabs with rants and cusswords.

Cooter

AGAIN, why do it if you know what's coming then????

I cannot seem to get a straight answer on this. If one lives in a free country and can certainly do what he/she likes, even though this means while they certainly have the right to walk down Crenshaw in South Central LA, and scream the "N" word as loud as he/she likes, yet they do not. WHY????
Could it be because it wouldn't be in their best interest?

Inevidably, you always have ONE person who thinks they can get away with what the rest of the sane world has determined to be a bad idea. WHY isn't the one person attacked and bullied then? I mean clearly the DOH is a sore subject here and I didn't reply until douchebag replied the way he did.  I was asked politely to back off, so I did, but this sh*t has got to stop. (At least I do not spell out the words. I have seen mods/people here actually spell out the cusswords they use).

Why is it the one who points out the person who f*cked up (Yes, I would say the exact same words to your face as I post here cuss words or not. Just because they are cuss words, doesn't always mean some is angry BTW), always having to defend his/her position when it should be crystal clear?

While I merely pointed this out in my first reply that I certainly would be the only one. Standing all alone in this. So be it but,  No one has offered a clear reasoning as to why this is the case. Could it be because I don't own a Hemi this, or Six pack that? Maybe because I don't own any cloned/real wing cars? Or post numerous half naked women pics? Or could it be because I don't have 150K sports cars in my driveway???

But, please, whatever you do Bull, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining by trying to tell me that It's because nobody here likes "Drama threads"...
Obviously, that is not the case, as there should be only ONE PERSON who posted in this thread "Ranting" and replying with "Cuss owrds" as to why he posted some traded bullsh*t in a thread knowing the outcome wouldn't be favorable. Yet, here I am "Ranting" again??? Why??? Is it really that you do not understand ?????

Just like my reply in tuff cat's thread about his Coronet/damaged. I replied to one of his jabs with what I figured was completely inline with his BS, yet, I kept seeing things like "Tuffy handled that ALOT better than I would have" sh*t. REALLY? He jabs at me, I jab back, and I'M THE ONE WHO GETS A REPLY LIKE THAT?

Ok, no problem, I know Tuffy took that one to heart. Guess what?
I haven't replied like that again to tuf cat. It's so simple. Yet, AGAIN, here I am explaining, err, sorry....."Ranting" about it again...

ws23rt

Quote from: charge69 on August 10, 2013, 12:34:03 PM
I think I've got some factory air around here somewhere ! :rofl: :rofl:   If not, I could always use the "hot air" generated by a number of the usual posters around here and say it's original DodgeCharger.com air!  Most people would understand, for sure! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

:2thumbs: Btw Argon in the tires is best.  
Nu huh. --- Tis too.---No way it's too heavy. Unsprung weight!---Tires last forever---No way they go bald---but the inside is good---The outside is best---The outside of what is best?---the tire numnuts---my insides are best---Nu huh---That's second---What's first---original air in the tires---Than what's second---argon is second---no way---tis too---argon is not on the vin tag it must be after market---that is a restored tire to better that stock.
But my friend had a mustang. ---no way ---did too it had a viper 4sp---Did it have argon? :shruggy:  ---------------

Sorry I was reading this thread and got confused.---My mind wandered ::)

General_01

Cooter, people do it because it is funny to listen to your worn out rants. Another question is: Why do you rant every time if you know what's coming? :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

JB400

Quote from: General_01 on August 11, 2013, 09:18:17 PM
Cooter, people do it because it is funny to listen to your worn out rants. Another question is: Why do you rant every time if you know what's coming? :shruggy:
Probably because everyone else that supports and enjoys movie cars like General Lee, Kitt, and Eleanor has been either run off or put into silent mode by those that would rather prefer that those type of cars never existed, or would fade off into Hollywood legend.  Personally, I don't see what the big deal is.  The way I see it, if you have or want a GL, it's for one of two reasons: you're either wanting attention, or you're enjoying a part of your youth.  What is wrong with either reason. :shruggy: Not much different than those so called purists. It seems to me both parties are floating in the same boat at different ends trying to go different directions.  How many are going over the falls?

Cooter, if you don't like others using cuss words, don't use them yourself, even if you don't spell them out entirely.  Lead by example.  If you don't mind, clean up your post.

Everyone else, if you don't like the Dukes, that's fine.  No one is forcing you to.  Yes, there is other sites for the GL, but there are also other sites for you as well.  I do ask that you respect those that do enjoy DoH.  Jabs are fine, but don't be causing a flame war.  No one enjoys reading it, plus it gives the site a bad rap.  It not only reflects back on us, but Troy as well.

Lets get back to enjoying the one thing we do have in common, enjoying our Chargers, no matter the year or how they're painted. :cheers:

Baldwinvette77

Plus im sure every charger owner, purist or hotrodder has had the desire to slide across their hood and/or hop through the window  :coolgleamA: and for those that said they dont want to are sad and are probably lying anyway  :slap:

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 12, 2013, 01:45:17 AM

Cooter, if you don't like others using cuss words, don't use them yourself, even if you don't spell them out entirely.  Lead by example.  If you don't mind, clean up your post.

Know what Stroker, you have a valid point and point taken. Will make an attempt to clean up posts. You are correct, I should be above and better than the douches that post like 2 year olds. I just feel that my point was valid as I'm trying to better this place. the stupid crap like what became this debacle, is only posted here trying to bring negativity/drama/etc. to this place.

BTW: Never said I had a problem with others using cuss words, only users that accuse ME of using them(Like I'm supposed to overlook the fact that I've seen ALOT worse in pictures here) when I see them spelled out completely by others. No, I have NO problem with them. Spelled or otherwise. I'm a member of MWSC board and I can tell you what, half these posters wouldn't make it past the front door if they walked through posting this BS. You talk it, your card gets pulled quickly. At least I'm trying to discuss it rather than just come out blasting. It could be a lot worse.

Cooter

Please try and understand, when one has a valid point, it most certainly is NOT a "Worn out" rant. [I offer anything political to do with the B.O. Admin. for example] Wanna talk about worn out???

You ask a valid question and it deserves what I fear NO one will reply to my question, a "real "answer.

Here goes. Well, I reply because too many DOH fans and Charger fans in general [Pun intended], Have left because no one stood up for what's right. They just took the easy road and left. I refuse. I am correct, and the drama queens are not funny no matter how many think they are. Drama serves NO GOOD purpose in anybody lives. We have enough to deal with in our personal lives so I don't wish to see some pompus arrogant, douche posting it here. THAT's why I "Rant" for the ones standing up for what's right. Afterall, Too many today have taken the same road the others that left have allowed this country to be where it is today. I refuse.  Hope it answered your questionI really do not know what else to tell you if you cannot see who's bringing the drama here. Jabs are fine.
Doing this crap is flaming and the douche that posted it knows that. only YOU and others cannot see it.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on August 12, 2013, 06:15:54 AM
I "Rant" for the ones standing up for what's right.

Every time you rant, this comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed0Hg7stjHE

:smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

Baldwinvette77

:whistling:

duanesterrr

The first 2nd gen I saw was on the DOH.  I'm 28 so a whole summer back when I was 13 or 14 me and my bro would watch 2-3 episodes a day on Tv Land (I think that was the channel).  I was hooked then on the charger.

I would like to think that if I never saw the show I would still have the 2nd gen charger as my #1 car to own.  However, I cannot prove that would be the case.  As I sit now I want to own a 68 over a 69.  I am not interested in owning a GL at all.  I'd even go for a challenger/cuda at his point.  The show brought me into the Mopar world so to speak.

To comment on the OP's post about value... I would say there is a slight (maybe 5%) increase in value on base Chargers because of the DOH (I said base Charger here because I think once you get to the R/T level and above it has no influence as the rarity of the car is the driving force).  In the end, there just aren't a lot of these cars around so the ol supply V demand sets the price.

I think the show definetely brought more people into the fold.  However, the majority of owners of 2nd gen's would have that car in their garage either way IMO.  2nd gen Chargers are some of the best looking cars ever created on the planet and really epitomize much of the American spirit.

JB400

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 12, 2013, 08:10:46 AM
Quote from: Cooter on August 12, 2013, 06:15:54 AM
I "Rant" for the ones standing up for what's right.

Every time you rant, this comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed0Hg7stjHE

:smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:
Since we're giving each other cartoon personalities  :whistling: :nana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WS32J_ic5o

Quote from: Cooter on August 12, 2013, 06:09:04 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 12, 2013, 01:45:17 AM

Cooter, if you don't like others using cuss words, don't use them yourself, even if you don't spell them out entirely.  Lead by example.  If you don't mind, clean up your post.

Know what Stroker, you have a valid point and point taken. Will make an attempt to clean up posts. You are correct, I should be above and better than the douches that post like 2 year olds. I just feel that my point was valid as I'm trying to better this place. the stupid crap like what became this debacle, is only posted here trying to bring negativity/drama/etc. to this place.

BTW: Never said I had a problem with others using cuss words, only users that accuse ME of using them(Like I'm supposed to overlook the fact that I've seen ALOT worse in pictures here) when I see them spelled out completely by others. No, I have NO problem with them. Spelled or otherwise. I'm a member of MWSC board and I can tell you what, half these posters wouldn't make it past the front door if they walked through posting this BS. You talk it, your card gets pulled quickly. At least I'm trying to discuss it rather than just come out blasting. It could be a lot worse.

:cheers:  Everyone has the right to stand up for what they believe in :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Mike DC

myk

Quote from: duanesterrr on August 12, 2013, 10:09:16 AM

I think the show definetely brought more people into the fold.  However, the majority of owners of 2nd gen's would have that car in their garage either way IMO.  2nd gen Chargers are some of the best looking cars ever created on the planet and really epitomize much of the American spirit.

Wise words.  DOH also wow'ed me as a kid in the 90's, and ever since then I wanted a 2nd Gen to drive.  I've grown away from the DOH but I won't forget that's what brought me to 2nd Gen's in the first place.  Another bit of wise advice has already been posted: if someone doesn't like the thread topic, then avoid it.  If someone cuts in on a thread to ruin it, ignore them; most of us here are mature enough to handle things in that way, and not wasting time and energy on thread-crappers should be standard operating procedure...

68RT4ME

Cooter you're so right but if you wanna see what really gets the villagers to light up torches and heat up some oil and coals, just have someone try to start a thread about the '05-present Chargers. That will get ya run off real quick.

Hey, I'm for anything that's Charger related (well except maybe those Omni Charger/Daytona things :eek2:) but that's it. (Well maybe those Cordoba models, "What were they thinking there? :puke:") but that's it...... Err, (Well maybe them Aussie ones with the steering on the wrong side of the cars? :coocoo:) But that's it.......

Otherwise, Anything Charger should be fine to talk about without ridicule..... Just sayin.. :rofl:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Cooter

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 15, 2013, 01:07:38 PM
Cooter you're so right but if you wanna see what really gets the villagers to light up torches and heat up some oil and coals, just have someone try to start a thread about the '05-present Chargers. That will get ya run off real quick.

Hey, I'm for anything that's Charger related (well except maybe those Omni Charger/Daytona things :eek2:) but that's it. (Well maybe those Cordoba models, "What were they thinking there? :puke:") but that's it...... Err, (Well maybe them Aussie ones with the steering on the wrong side of the cars? :coocoo:) But that's it.......

Otherwise, Anything Charger should be fine to talk about without ridicule..... Just sayin.. :rofl:
thanks. I judt feel that with all the "older" guys here, one would think that 3rd grade antics would be above most.
I for one can read about someone building a hemi as well as a Cordoba Charger. The GL was and still is an integral part of the Mopar world. It will continue to have haters. I for one just do not understand that's all.
I love to see you guns building 1970 Chargers because of VinDiesel. I guess some will never see the benefit. I guess its like rat rods today. Back in the 80s if you showed up without your "easter egg"color you were shunned by the same narrow minded people when
Should be glad another is on the road.

Baldwinvette77

was told by various psychiatric evaluators that roughly 8/10 people secretly like what they passionately hate they're just ashamed to admit it  :nana:

Ghoste

Which begs the question, why were you seeing various psychiatric evaluators about hating? :nana:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Ghoste on August 15, 2013, 09:22:56 PM
Which begs the question, why were you seeing various psychiatric evaluators about hating? :nana:

IM NOT CRAZY!!!! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU TO PROVE IT!!!!!!!!  :2guns:

JB400

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 15, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

Therefore, you just proved your insanity.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 15, 2013, 10:37:13 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 15, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

Therefore, you just proved your insanity.

You prove nothing untill i see one of these!!!... oh wait...

1974dodgecharger

Things change, hot one day cold the next, I was reading back in 2006 some old threads on bbodies only site and read how anything over 15 inch rims were ghetto and horrible but then 2 years later 17 inch rims were in then 18 now 20s lol....u can even see the same posters change there tune also

Heck even reading on here how mike built his Daytona clone and how some seniors members grumbled and hate mike for it but after he did they slowly changed their minds especially after his Hemings debut and all the exposure he got from it.......maybe jealousy changed them or whatever..... :cheers:

Quote from: Cooter on August 15, 2013, 07:29:47 PM
Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 15, 2013, 01:07:38 PM

thanks. I judt feel that with all the "older" guys here, one would think that 3rd grade antics would be above most.
I for one can read about someone building a hemi as well as a Cordoba Charger. The GL was and still is an integral part of the Mopar world. It will continue to have haters. I for one just do not understand that's all.
I love to see you guns building 1970 Chargers because of VinDiesel. I guess some will never see the benefit. I guess its like rat rods today. Back in the 80s if you showed up without your "easter egg"color you were shunned by the same narrow minded people when
Should be glad another is on the road.

UH60L

Quote from: charge69 on August 10, 2013, 12:34:03 PM
I think I've got some factory air around here somewhere ! :rofl: :rofl:   If not, I could always use the "hot air" generated by a number of the usual posters around here and say it's original DodgeCharger.com air!  Most people would understand, for sure! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

You've got to be careful, I heard they were re-popping factory air and it's being passed off as original.....    ;D :icon_smile_big: :rofl:

Back N Black

I'm thinking about selling my charger, but it is triple black. If i clone it to a General Lee, how much do you think it will add to the value?

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Back N Black on August 17, 2013, 10:02:49 PM
I'm thinking about selling my charger, but it is triple black. If i clone it to a General Lee, how much do you think it will add to the value?

not enough to make up for the money you will spend turning it into a general lee  :shruggy:

Mike DC

:Twocents:               

IMHO a decent black ext/int should help the value already.  Leave it alone.

JB400

Making it a GL will limit your market.  There are plenty that would love to have a triple black car.

myk

A DOH car won't fetch additional money unless it's going to someone who wants that particular type of car; triple black FTW...