News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Repro '68 - '70 Charger Fuel Filler Tubes?

Started by bill440rt, August 08, 2013, 07:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Just ran across this from Van's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171097355560?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I know bobfist was making some, but these appear to be made out of stainless or flash chrome plated.
Although not 100% correct in appearance, it looks very nice. Price isn't bad either including shipping, I've seen used ones for double!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

That's pretty nice!  

I wish I knew how to fix the vent issue with these cars.  I get tired of trickling the last gallon of fuel in the tank so it doesn't create a fountain.  I wonder if a bigger vent tube on the filler neck would do it.

Edit:  The filler tube vent line runs into the frame rail correct?  What would happen if you put a t-connector on the sending unit return line and hook up both the fuel return line and the filler tube vent line on the t?

There won't be any fumes going into the garage which is great, but will it create other problems?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

Click, Click, Done!!! Thanks for the link Bill!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

PlainfieldCharger

Just bought it. Give you some feed back when I get it!! ;)

bill440rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 08, 2013, 07:58:42 AM

:2thumbs:

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on August 08, 2013, 08:01:05 AM

Not my auction, I'm not selling these.
Looks like this is a new repro from Van's Auto. I had no idea when they started repro'ing these. Maybe they've been out for a while, sorry then if this is old news to some.
For the price including shipping these appear unbeatable.
Just passing the info along.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PlainfieldCharger

No Problem on that Bill ;) I have been looking for over a year. Mine is painted and pitted really bad.  Couldn't find an oem one for under 150.00. Did not want to pay that with seeing it in person...I have contacted a past supplier of this and they did not have any(Fist). I even went to Vans web site just last weekend and did not find this. :icon_smile_big: I had moved on the other things and BAM! There was this link!! :2thumbs: It seems that how it happens.

1974dodgecharger

I was looking a month or so ago when the tank was out but now wow.....I just wanted a new one cause the scale and rust inside the tube. Cleaned as much as I could stilll

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bill440rt on August 08, 2013, 08:08:47 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 08, 2013, 07:58:42 AM

:2thumbs:

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on August 08, 2013, 08:01:05 AM

Not my auction, I'm not selling these.
Looks like this is a new repro from Van's Auto. I had no idea when they started repro'ing these. Maybe they've been out for a while, sorry then if this is old news to some.
For the price including shipping these appear unbeatable.
Just passing the info along.  :2thumbs:

They are a brand new item to me. Never knew they made them before seeing your thread. Thanks again dude!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bull

Wow, very nice looking part. Nice mandrel bend and a great price. :2thumbs: I bet they sell a lor of those.

maxwellwedge

I wonder if they even tried one on a car......Like the repro valve covers, fuel sending units, bad vapor separators...etc.

Hope they fit alright for you guys.

bill440rt

Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 08, 2013, 11:43:10 AM
I wonder if they even tried one on a car......Like the repro valve covers, fuel sending units, bad vapor separators...etc.

I hope so, too. This obviously must be a new repro.
Look, they're also making stainless gas tanks. Wouldn't mind one of these in my '69.  :drool5:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-68-69-70-Charger-Stainless-Steel-Gas-Fuel-Tank-NEW-/360714338720?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fc4001a0&vxp=mtr

charger_fan_4ever

Keep us updated on how they fit. My original is rusty (surprise) lol

Fred

I think the s/s gas tank is great but OMG! shipping to Australia is $984.50.   :eek2:  I'll pass.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Old Moparz

Is there really a big demand for the filler tubes?   :shruggy:  I would think that the tube isn't something that sees wear & tear. My car was just a shell & I had needed one but I got one on ebay for $25 & there was one on my parts car. If the new one was available I'd have ordered one, but I'll just clean mine up. The tank is nice, not much more compared to a standard one. That leads me to believe it's Chinese for that price, & I've seen Chinese stainless steel rust like regular steel.   :Twocents:

Quote from: Fred on August 08, 2013, 05:42:01 PM
I think the s/s gas tank is great but OMG! shipping to Australia is $984.50.   :eek2:  I'll pass.

Fred, is it possible you can save money having someone you know get one & send it to you?  
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparfan53

I think the s/s gas tank is great but OMG! shipping to Australia is $984.50.   :eek2:  I'll pass.
You should contact the seller to confirm if that amount is correct as often the ebay calculator is way off. I have come across that myself. Also, I have seen some listings that ask out of U.S. buyers to contact them instead of using the calculator. :Twocents:

WHITE AND RED 69

I think I'm going to pick up one of those stainless gas tanks. Good find Bill.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

BrianShaughnessy

Maybe somebody has these out at the Nats...     :scratchchin:

I still have Sinnamon's original slightly crusty filler.    I was thinking of getting it blasted and  powdercoated.   This might be cheaper alternative.

At one time I wanted a stainless tank but I already got a new tank for Sinnamon.  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Fred

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 08, 2013, 06:20:03 PM
Is there really a big demand for the filler tubes?   :shruggy:  I would think that the tube isn't something that sees wear & tear. My car was just a shell & I had needed one but I got one on ebay for $25 & there was one on my parts car. If the new one was available I'd have ordered one, but I'll just clean mine up. The tank is nice, not much more comapared to a standard one. That leads me to believe it's Chinese for that price, & I've seen Chinese stainless steel rust like regular steel.   :Twocents:

Fred, is it possible you can save money having someone you know get one & send it to you? 

Probably not Bob but I'll look into it.

Quote from: moparfan53 on August 08, 2013, 07:09:21 PM
You should contact the seller to confirm if that amount is correct as often the ebay calculator is way off. I have come across that myself. Also, I have seen some listings that ask out of U.S. buyers to contact them instead of using the calculator. :Twocents:

Will do, thanks.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 08, 2013, 11:43:10 AM

I buy all my repro parts from great quality don't see these being different.....great to deal with.

6spd68

Quote from: moparfan53 on August 08, 2013, 07:09:21 PM

I've found that trying to get most things from e-bay outside of the states rapes you on shipping...  I tried to get an 80$ dash cover and they wanted 150$ to ship it UPS...  Not a chance...  I'd rather spend a month reconditioning my completely ruined one then pay triple for a piece of plastic.  I'm now resorting solely on this forum and contacting the manufactureres outside of e-bay.  <= Beats dealing with those re-selling scumbags...  my  :Twocents:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

bull

Jeez, you could probably buy it a seat on an international flight for less than that.

Is there really a big demand for the filler tubes?   :shruggy: 

Seems like it's a pretty popular topic around here.

Fred

Quote from: bull on August 09, 2013, 04:13:47 PM

Jeez, you could probably buy it a seat on an international flight for less than that.

Yes, it's just crazy isn't it?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on August 09, 2013, 04:13:47 PM

Is there really a big demand for the filler tubes?   :shruggy: 

Seems like it's a pretty popular topic around here.

I think there will be a great reception for these. It sucks when you do everything you can to make the trunk area look awesome and then you have a So-so filler tube running right through it all.