News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

driver side tail light dimmer than pass side?

Started by resq302, August 19, 2013, 11:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Ok, I just noticed something very weird with our 69 GTX vert.  I thought it was only with our 70 challenger convertible but obviously that is not the case.  The problem is that the driver side tail light is dimmer than what the pass. side is.   Both vehicles have the correct bulbs in place.  All of the grounds are nice and clean where they make contact and the only thing I can think of is that inside reflective housing is not as bright or clean as the pass side. 

My charger does not seem to exhibit this problem.  Is it just our cars or has anyone else noticed this issue with Mopars?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

GreenMachine

Take a jumper wire and clip both taillight housings together, that way you know FOR SURE they have the same ground. If they are still different then a bad ground isn't your problem.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto