News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 dizzy question

Started by Shields14, August 06, 2013, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shields14

i have a stock mopar dizzy on my 440 i want to do away with vaccum advance which means i need to limit my mechanical by 12 anybody know how much of the slot i need to weld up, also if i weld up the slots will it engage to fast..going in derby car and cannot keep a vaccum cannister going i have 4 of them and none of them will work i have tried adjusting them in and out and there is just m ovement at all.

Shields14

1BAD68

I don't think I'm understanding this completely, you are trying to limit the total timing?
If so, you don't have to worry about the vacuum advance effecting the total timing number.
The vacuum advance will drop out when you mash the pedal so the total timing is not effected by the vacuum advance.

Does your engine make significant vacuum or is cammed wild?                  .

flyinlow

This is what I wrote in my records. Slot length .

10*  -  .405"
14*  -   .460"
18*  -   .520"

Shields14

yes trying to limit total timing.i have base set at 17 and total is right at 50. stock type dizzy gunna do away with vacuum advance mainly cause i cannot keep one operating.ok those numbers will help me get it pretty darn close i belive.

Shields14

lunat 268  not to wild it makes descent vaccum. my vaccum cans keep quitting me and so then i have base set at like 5 degrees with no vaccum that is why im gunna just do away with vaccum and limit mechanical

John_Kunkel

You're running 50° under load?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.