News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP ASAP!

Started by FJ5WING, August 01, 2013, 11:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

Has anyone ever seen a Superbird with blackout on the radiator support?

I had what looked like a limited amount of blackout on the support but Ive never been able to look at another car that was unrestored.

here's what I found.

wingless now, but still around.

Aero426

I looked at pics of my car from 1988 when we had the nose off and the splash shields removed.   It does not appear to be blacked out. 

FJ5WING

Thanks Doug!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

I needed to know today, so I opted for no blackout. I cant use mine as a rock solid example as the nose was off the car in the seventies. Im pretty confident it was original but it didn't make sense and if 99% didn't have any I didn't want to have to defend it every time I was out and about.

maxwellwedge

Looks like there might be some on mine......hard to tell.......I need to have a look for myself.  http://www.moparaction.com/Article/JIMS_BIRD/index.html

pettybird

Budnicks

Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 01, 2013, 01:06:31 PM
Looks like there might be some on mine......hard to tell.......I need to have a look for myself.  http://www.moparaction.com/Article/JIMS_BIRD/index.html
:drool5: Beautiful car  :drool5: sorry back on subject  :shruggy:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

thehemikid

Quote from: Budnicks on August 01, 2013, 03:47:47 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 01, 2013, 01:06:31 PM
:drool5: Beautiful car  :drool5: sorry back on subject  :shruggy:

I'll say,  ...new desktop background! :coolgleamA:

62 Max

Quote from: pettybird on August 01, 2013, 03:27:27 PM
showoff...   :lol:

That's not his,he just stole the picture of mine!! :poke:  :icon_smile_big:

maxwellwedge

:lol:   Funny stuff - Even though it's probably too late - I'll have a look this weekend.

62 Max

Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 02, 2013, 10:41:51 AM
:lol:   Funny stuff - Even though it's probably too late - I'll have a look this weekend.

See !! :icon_smile_big:

RealWing

I think you made the right choice of no blackout. I'm a little late - but this is a photo of the front of my bird. It looks all original here with no blackout with the original  M-H-B markings (meaning not really known for sure)

It is possible that some birds were blacked out - because that would have been standard assembly line procedure for light colored cars.
Jim
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

FJ5WING

Hey Jim(RealWing)

theres no picture to look at. ;)

thehemikid

...from the 2 Birds pulled from the woods thread.

WINGIN IT

Why would you need it, or why would they bother anyway? Not visible like the non wing cars.  :shruggy:

FJ5WING

Quote from: WINGIN IT on August 02, 2013, 08:15:06 PM
Why would you need it, or why would they bother anyway? Not visible like the non wing cars.  :shruggy:

I guess its the same reason I restored the ash tray and sprayed the wheels without masking so the silver sprayed through the holes in the ralley wheel? I want the car to look like it did when it was initially assembled.

How many times did you ask hemigeno that question? :P

Im not going to the extreme detail that Gene did...but, just sayin.

RealWing

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 02, 2013, 01:51:57 PM
Hey Jim(RealWing)

theres no picture to look at. ;)

Got it this time!!
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

WINGIN IT

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 02, 2013, 08:34:58 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on August 02, 2013, 08:15:06 PM
Why would you need it, or why would they bother anyway? Not visible like the non wing cars.  :shruggy:

I guess its the same reason I restored the ash tray and sprayed the wheels without masking so the silver sprayed through the holes in the ralley wheel? I want the car to look like it did when it was initially assembled.

How many times did you ask hemigeno that question? :P

Im not going to the extreme detail that Gene did...but, just sayin.

I get the part if you don't see it , it's still there. That's up to you.  But if the originals didn't have it , why would you add it, especially if it can't be seen

FJ5WING

Im wasn't thinking of adding it just to add it, My car showed signs of having had it applied so I wanted to replicate what was originally there. I just cant 100% be sure it was factory applied paint.

There are signs of it in the pictures I posted. A little way up the right side and across the bottom.