News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird "play dates" this weekend

Started by 70Sbird, July 29, 2013, 10:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Here in central IL there aren't many wing cars so whenever the opportunity arises I try to set up "play dates" with the 'Bird to keep it happy!  :cheers:

There is a big cruise-in in Pekin IL on Saturday, about 45 minutes from where I live and the owner of this Daytona called me to say he pushed his car out of the garage but it came out crooked and was now over close to his house. Could I come over and help him get it put back in on my way to the cruise? How do you a say no to that?
This is the car I've posted about on here before, R4 red one owner Daytona with 25,000 miles, it hasn't been driven regularly since the early 70's and hasn't been driven at all in probably 20 years. Well by the time I got there he had coaxed it into starting up and had taken it around the block twice - with no brakes!
So we took some pics of the two cars together, he said he was going to leave it outside for a day or two and maybe wax it :2thumbs:

Sunday rolls around and the other local wing car - a Limelight Superbird that I'll be doing an engine swap on was dropped off at my house after another local show. Another friend for my car to keep company! 
I got to hang out with two different wing cars and owners in two days, all local!
What a great weekend!

Scott Faulkner

histoy

3 great looking cars in your driveway.

Ghoste

I like that; "play dates".  That's a very nice thing to do for your car.

1970Moparmann

When I get my Bird road worthy, would love to meet up with you!  I heard Springfield has a big show once a year - you go?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 29, 2013, 11:23:22 AM
When I get my Bird road worthy, would love to meet up with you!  I heard Springfield has a big show once a year - you go?
stalker 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on July 29, 2013, 11:37:31 AM
stalker 

Are you feeling left out Stu?  I plan on meeting you also. LOL.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

70Sbird

Stalk away!
I have been to the Springfield cruise-in a few years ago and it was nice, had kinda a RT66 theme to it IIRC. There is a big cruise -in in Monmouth IL this Friday night (near Galesburg) that is known for having some very nice high quality cars show up. I'm planning on driving the 'Bird over for the evening.

Scott Faulkner