News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Testing a fuel pump off the motor?

Started by cudaken, July 30, 2013, 04:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Still playing with my 68 Road Runner I let sit for 8 years now. Reason she got forgotten about was it seemed the fuel pump went bad, no fuel to the carb.

Motor has been oiled with a drill, spins freely and I have compression!  :2thumbs:

I have low mile fuel pump in the garage with about 150 miles on it, but it has sat for around 8 years as well so I want to test it.

My thoughts is to mount the pump in a bench vices, hook a pair of vices grips to the fuel pump arm and hook a line in a cup of water and trying pumping it. You folks think this will work?  :shruggy:

I do not want to use gas because of the smell and the mess I will make.

Cuda Ken, asking way to many questions again.
I am back

flyinlow

Never tried it, but it should work.    Should produce a vacuum on the inlet and pressure on the outlet. Try to blow air back thru the outlet , check valves should prevent that. ( with you lungs ,not air compressor)   

68 RT

Just do that without the water put your finger over the outlet, you will feel the air pressure.  :cheers: