News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$147,500.00; I don't think so.

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, July 26, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

Quote from: FC7 V code on August 04, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
Quote from: Dino on August 04, 2013, 08:07:37 AM
14 hours to go on the auction.  I have given up on ebay, I really did my best to get the ad pulled but they don't give a damn that someone is about to be ripped off. 

I'm thinking anymore that there only concern is the cut of the auction fees. Probably a pretty good amount on a high dollar car. I have never sold a car on ebay but a year or so ago I sold a large amount or model railroad stuff and it seemed by the time the auction fees and paypal fees were taken out that nearly 10% or the winning bid was gone! I had sold stuff years before, probably back in the 2004-2005 time-frame and I don't think the fees used to be anywhere near as high.

Well ebay has set fees on vehicles now. If you sell over 4 cars in a year, you pay a flat $50 to list and nothing when it ends, even if it's a million bucks. If you sell less than 4 a year, you pay a nominal fee to list, and a flat $125 fee when it sells. Now parts on the other hand, they have gotten out of control on their fees. It's almost 12% between ebay and paypal, and on high dollar parts, that adds up fast. I reported the listing as well, and it obviously didn't do any good. I'm not sure if they don't want to pursue it since they don't have proof that the listing is "fraudulent", or quite possibly, they are getting different reasons as to why the listing should not be posted(their choices for reasons are pretty generic). meaning they may not have received 50 reports for the same thing on that one listing, so it isn't flagging it.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

A383Wing

HA!!! bids stalled out at just under $100k....he cancelled all the bids and ended auction

AKcharger

EBAY has become a rip-off for sellers and they don't protect you, VERY lopsided in favor of buyer, We sold our last items on Ebay in 2009 and will never use them again to sell

myk

Quote from: AKcharger on August 05, 2013, 01:25:36 AM
EBAY has become a rip-off for sellers and they don't protect you, VERY lopsided in favor of buyer, We sold our last items on Ebay in 2009 and will never use them again to sell

Didn't it used to be the other way?  I tried selling on ebay back in '09 as well; I'd rather throw my stuff away than deal with ebay again...

ACUDANUT

Quote from: A383Wing on August 04, 2013, 10:29:43 PM
HA!!! bids stalled out at just under $100k....he cancelled all the bids and ended auction

I Guess a 40K profit was not good enough. What a clown.

charger_fan_4ever

A real joke.

I was looking through one of the auto traders. I think Deals on wheels from a year or so ago. Saw HemiGenos 69 Hemi R/T concours restored for I believe it was 99k.

This joker should have ran with the 100k, but it was probably all fake bids from his other accounts/friends.

ACUDANUT

Patronus

Yeah, saw it last night.. Wondered how it ended..was at 91 large..
:smilielol:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

NHCharger

It's possible he found a non-internet savvy buyer that offered him what he wanted for it.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Budnicks

Quote from: NHCharger on August 05, 2013, 09:00:45 PM

It's possible he found a non-internet savvy buyer that offered him what he wanted for it.
:nana: Yeah it's very possible, he dooped some unsuspecting schmuch, to pay his price, private sale  :brickwall: I hate E-Scammers & I personally won't ever do E-Bag again, unless it's the absolutely last resort :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

ACUDANUT

What other site can give you as much exposure ?

Budnicks

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 06, 2013, 07:28:05 PM

What other site can give you as much exposure ?
Or screw over as many people
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ACUDANUT

1BAD68

"There are still some bugs and gremlins to be addressed like the gauges sometime work and sometime don't work?, headlamp doors?, dome light and map light? I'm  not a good enough mechanic to find and fix it. So I'm just being honest to all and the new owner can have them taken care of"

LOL!

Ghoste

He has it now, he pretty much has to keep trying to unload it.

A383Wing

we should start flooding his email box with questions again. Funny how a lot of things don't work for a complete restoration that was done 500 miles ago.....

idiot

AKcharger

Even Hitler would tell people it was a flood car if he were selling it!

moparfan53

Quote from: AKcharger on August 16, 2013, 02:23:40 PM
It might depend on what mood he was in. He was pretty mad when he found out his hemi 'cuda was a fake! ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5w64ueVKM&feature=player_detailpage

If you haven't seen the Hitler Cuda video yet, check it out. It is well done and funny.

:2thumbs:

TPR

Quote from: moparfan53 on August 16, 2013, 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: AKcharger on August 16, 2013, 02:23:40 PM
It might depend on what mood he was in. He was pretty mad when he found out his hemi 'cuda was a fake! ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5w64ueVKM&feature=player_detailpage

If you haven't seen the Hitler Cuda video yet, check it out. It is well done and funny.

:2thumbs:

That's the funniest sh*t I've ever seen. ;D
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

myk

Those "Downfall" parodies are everywhere, but most of them are pretty funny.  My favorite one was about Hitler realizing that the 5.0 was back and better than his new Camaro SS...

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ghoste on August 16, 2013, 11:12:22 AM
He has it now, he pretty much has to keep trying to unload it.

There will be be uninformed buyer out there who will pick it up.  He will then join this forum to show off his newly acquired 68 Hemi Charger.  We  will then all race to send him the link to this thread showing him what a moron he is.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hemi*guy

So if some  guy buys the car and he doesn't realize there are problems with the car you are going to tell him hes a moron ,instead of trying to help him? I don't think he's the moron!!!

ws23rt

This car should be advertised as a survivor.  And that it has survived a flood.
It has patina to prove the fact to go along with any documentation.
Further I think It should start without reserve and let it play out.
This would get all up front and answer any future questions about the car.  (We all know it is not scrap).
This way everyone can move forward.   The ball is in the hands of the present owner.