News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$147,500.00; I don't think so.

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, July 26, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

1974dodgecharger

I could always go check the vin he said I could he is north of me....max 1 hour drive...vin might be diff maybe last two digits?

A383Wing

is not the VIN the bottom right numbers in fender tag he posted?

Dans 68

No. On '68's that fender tag number is unique and matches the body stampings. Starting in '69 that number was the vin.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

NHCharger

I read on another forum that the seller is now saying the water only reached half way up the tires.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

A383Wing

which means it filled the interior almost to the top of the console

bill440rt

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 26, 2013, 06:10:56 PM
I cannot BELIEVE they didn't clean that car thoroughly before listing it for that kind of money. That poor car is going to rust from the inside out. It's only going to get worse and worse over time. If I spent my life savings on that car, then found out later it was a hurricane flood car, someone would pay..  :RantExplode:

I agree.
And to think there were some who wondered why you can't just hose it off and keep driving it?  :rotz:  :badidea:
Salt water floods will continue to eat away. IMHO, the car needs to be completely restored again. Dipped, stripped, neutralized, and e-coated again to prevent future corrosion.
Being a HEMI car, maybe it will live another life and not corrode away if the next buyer decides to tackle such a project. 

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: NHCharger on July 28, 2013, 07:49:26 PM
I read on another forum that the seller is now saying the water only reached half way up the tires.

Could be accurate - the car was probably flipped upside down in the flood :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

myk

Quote from: A383Wing on July 28, 2013, 07:52:27 PM
which means it filled the interior almost to the top of the console

Lol, seriously.  This is a "Charger," not a lifted 4x4; these cars are so low that any level of water past a big puddle is going to put the car in jeopardy...

Homerr

Quote from: bill440rt on July 28, 2013, 10:18:52 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 26, 2013, 06:10:56 PM
I cannot BELIEVE they didn't clean that car thoroughly before listing it for that kind of money. That poor car is going to rust from the inside out. It's only going to get worse and worse over time. If I spent my life savings on that car, then found out later it was a hurricane flood car, someone would pay..  :RantExplode:

I agree.
And to think there were some who wondered why you can't just hose it off and keep driving it?  :rotz:  :badidea:
Salt water floods will continue to eat away. IMHO, the car needs to be completely restored again. Dipped, stripped, neutralized, and e-coated again to prevent future corrosion.
Being a HEMI car, maybe it will live another life and not corrode away if the next buyer decides to tackle such a project. 

This. 

It really needs to go to a seller that will start this immediately.  I keep thinking of some pics I saw about a year ago either her on DC or at FBBO of a wing car that went through a dipping process and the body came back looking sort of like it was etched in satin black.  That would be about the only 'foundation' I'd want to start from on a car like this.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The thing, is many states are friendly to "wash" titles (no pun intended) and take a car which was once salvaged and issue a non-branded title.

Other states, sell off a Bill of Sale on cars that old, which won't be branded, then go to a state which has a title, and all is clean...

Dino

I tried reporting the listing but ebay makes it impossible to actually put a specific reason in there.  All you get is options from a drop down.  Does anyone know of a better way to pull this ad?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

We see a lot of that stuff trying to turn up at auction after an area has a saltwater flood.  Certain dealers are notorious for it and they turn up at the lower end auctions to unload it.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Dino on July 29, 2013, 10:51:45 AM
I tried reporting the listing but ebay makes it impossible to actually put a specific reason in there.  All you get is options from a drop down.  Does anyone know of a better way to pull this ad?
Ebay could care a less. If it sells they get their 10 percent or whatever. :brickwall:

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks like another schmuck used car salesman is discovered. Buyer beware.

chargerboy69

You could call them.  They also have a "Live Chat" option.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hemi-hampton

Tonights episode of ABC's  "THE LOOKOUT" showed how Hurricane Sandy cars are sold with Clear Title. LEON.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 31, 2013, 09:47:04 PM
Tonights episode of ABC's  "THE LOOKOUT" showed how Hurricane Sandy cars are sold with Clear Title. LEON.

wow, that explains it then clear title he has.....

Dino

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 29, 2013, 01:21:20 PM

I tried and they were not very eager to pull the listing so I insulted them a bit just to feel better. 

Money hungry scum, all of them!  There...

FC7 V code

Quote from: Dino on August 01, 2013, 06:35:52 AM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 29, 2013, 01:21:20 PM

I tried and they were not very eager to pull the listing so I insulted them a bit just to feel better. 

Money hungry scum, all of them!  There...

I'm glad a lot of you guys have kept up on this stuff...Just another guy trying to make big $ at someones expense, there isn't a hell of a lot of scruples left anywhere in this hobby/business it seems. The car probably isn't worth the BIN(well it wouldn't be to me at least, considering you could probably pick up a V-code Superbird or 71 Cuda without all this baggage for less money) if all the work had been done to properly remove the flood effects, meaning totally stripped n dipped and re-wired and rebuilt from the ground up. Great work by Mytur Binsdirti to bring this information to the light of day! The "money hungry scum" comment from Dino pretty well covers it. :Twocents:
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

Tilar

It is definitely the same car that went through the flood, and was posted in another thread. Here is an email I sent him through Ebay when this thread first started...

To: usacycles
Subject: Vehicle condition: tenolin sent a message about Dodge : Charger R/T #281141795586
Sent Date: Jul-26-13 10:00:32 PDT

Dear usacycles,

By chance, is the complete VIN number on this car XS29J8B361044?

Thanks

yes it is.

- usacycles

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Tilar on August 01, 2013, 10:03:09 AM
It is definitely the same car that went through the flood, and was posted in another thread. Here is an email I sent him through Ebay when this thread first started...

To: usacycles
Subject: Vehicle condition: tenolin sent a message about Dodge : Charger R/T #281141795586
Sent Date: Jul-26-13 10:00:32 PDT

Dear usacycles,

By chance, is the complete VIN number on this car XS29J8B361044?

Thanks

yes it is.

- usacycles

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

Wow...  Certainly proves it's the same car, doesn't it  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Hmm, good thing nobody on the internet forums knows anything.

Dino

When the seller replied to my first post, he acknowledged this was the flood car.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: FC7 V code on August 01, 2013, 09:28:20 AM
Great work by Mytur Binsdirti to bring this information to the light of day!

It's about time someone realized what a great asset I am to this website, to the Mopar community and to the entire US of A.  :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: