News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$147,500.00; I don't think so.

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, July 26, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I asked the seller if he had pics of the disassembly and cleanup after Sandy, because I feel in this condition the car is for the birds.  He replied: Yes, I agree.

I sent him another message.  If he truly is selling this for a friend, then he needs to rethink his involvement.  The seller has great feedback and if he's an honest guy then he should not take a hit like this.  This car is going to be someone's nightmare and possible ruin.

You guys that are on other Mopar sites may want to start flagging that vin until a documented cleanup is presented.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 26, 2013, 10:42:09 AM
Person likes green.

What color is that engine??
In the ebay listing photos it looks like Panther Pink :o

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Dans 68 on July 26, 2013, 02:37:13 PMA 4-speed Hemi '68 is pretty much on everyone's wish list.... 

Yeah, I know.   :icon_smile_big:

69charger2002

I cannot BELIEVE they didn't clean that car thoroughly before listing it for that kind of money. That poor car is going to rust from the inside out. It's only going to get worse and worse over time. If I spent my life savings on that car, then found out later it was a hurricane flood car, someone would pay..  :RantExplode:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2013, 10:47:26 AM
The seller may be unaware of what happened to it.  It may not be likely but it's not impossible.  I just sent him the question, we'll see what he says.

I sent him a question yesterday morning & so far no response. The guy has a lot of nice stuff there & there is NO WAY that he doesn't know that this car was flooded; the evidence is all over the car and obviously he knows about electrical gremlins. His ad is misleading & yet he hasn't amended his ad it to include the words "flood victim". Maybe he does have a 100% rating on ebay, but this now shows his true colors.   ::)

Dino

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 27, 2013, 04:39:36 AM
The seller may be unaware of what happened to it.  It may not be likely but it's not impossible.  I just sent him the question, we'll see what he says.

I sent him a question yesterday morning & so far no response. The guy has a lot of nice stuff there & there is NO WAY that he doesn't know that this car was flooded; the evidence is all over the car and obviously he knows about electrical gremlins. His ad is misleading & yet he hasn't amended his ad it to include the words "flood victim". Maybe he does have a 100% rating on ebay, but this now shows his true colors.   ::)

Agreed, I sent him another message yesterday and no response so I'm going to report him.  If you want to save the ad pics first, now is the time.

Homerr

I sent a response and just put it to him point blank.

1970Moparmann

Keep up the good work detectives. :patrol:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1974dodgecharger

he is a die hard mopar fanatic here in phoenix, he knows its a flood car, he knows how to read the vin, he knows mopars in general and he knows the history of the car.

he is just trying to make a buck and act innoncent about it....

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 27, 2013, 04:39:36 AM

ACUDANUT

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 27, 2013, 08:43:23 AM

there is nothing wrong with making a buck., but if what you say is true, he is deceitful, which speaks volumes about his integrity.

Dino

He just told me to get my facts straight so I told him I know a lot more than he thinks.  I gave him until tomorrow to amend the ad.

1974dodgecharger

Oh I agree, like I said he knows his molars he been around the block and has a very nice collection himself.

I wouldn't doubt he is selling it in his behalf and gave a story he is selling it for a friend and like a member mentioned then he ships it down to az to sell it like a nice car and be far away from sandy.

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 27, 2013, 09:53:17 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 27, 2013, 08:43:23 AM

there is nothing wrong with making a buck., but if what you say is true, he is deceitful, which speaks volumes about his integrity.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Dino on July 27, 2013, 11:08:12 AM
He just told me to get my facts straight so I told him I know a lot more than he thinks.  I gave him until tomorrow to amend the ad.

I got the same message.

chargerboy69

I got this reply. . .

"Thank You for your interest, Please call my direct number posted in the ad. I'll be more than happy to discuss the car history, Rust?, odd places? Car is available for a in person inspection anytime before the end of auction. Thank You"

If this was an insurance loss how does he have a clear title.  His ad does say he has the "original" title.  I am curious if you will run into a surprise when going to put it in your name.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

I got this reply:

QuoteYou really should get the facts correct, the people writing in the forums are not always the experts they pretend to be and don't have first hand actual correct infomation. Car is available for a in person inspection anytime before the end of auction. Thank You

:popcrn:

Ghoste

People on internet forums aren't always the misinformed kool aid drinkers that scammers wish for either.

1974dodgecharger

Wow, still does not explain the rust in odd places.....

bzabodyn

I watched the auction when they were trying to sell it after the insurance "totaled" it and bid on it for a while.  The thing is, When it's cars of this age and you're transferring title from one state to the next, it's not difficult to have a previously "salvage" title converted to just a regular, clear title. Unfortunate, but the truth.

Car's worth about $40-50k max because it will need damn near a full resto to be done right. It's "provenance" (or should I say noteriruty) at this point probably makes it worth even less.

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

myk

Quote from: bzabodyn on July 27, 2013, 05:22:26 PM

Car's worth about $40-50k max because it will need damn near a full resto to be done right. It's "provenance" (or should I say noteriruty) at this point probably makes it worth even less.

BZ

That's what I'm thinking.  Rewire it, clean it up, and then sell it for $40K on a GOOD day.  Anything outside of that is just ridiculous...

Homerr

I got a similar response.

QuoteYou really should get the facts correct, the people writing in the forums are not always the experts they pretend to be and don't have first hand actual correct infomation. Car is available for a in person inspection anytime before the end of auction. Thank You

1BAD68

I asked if the car has the vin# 361044
How are we to get our facts straight if he won't clarify that?

Baldwinvette77

lol is he just sending everyone the same canned answer?  :lol: i think ill email him and ask if it has a Boss 426, a a883 Rock Crusher and a dana 88  :D should be fun  :lol:

A383Wing

Quote from: Homerr on July 27, 2013, 07:01:55 PM
I got a similar response.

he just copied the reply he gave to me...even "infomation" is still spelled wrong

hatersaurusrex

Someone just go on there, and duplicate his ad with pics, an then pics from the auction site - that says 'warning this charger is a sandy flood car' and anyone doing a search for at 68 R/T will see both ads and immediately be suspicious - direct them to this thread AND his listing in the ad.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70