News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$147,500.00; I don't think so.

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, July 26, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-FACTORY-ORIGINAL-HEMI-4-SPEED-DANA-FACTORY-TRACK-PAK-200-PICS-1969-1970-/281141795586?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41755b5b02

Nothing screams "buy me" like heavy surface rust...

Love the matching front spring hangers (L&R)...

Chips always add value too.....

Never seen these front guards on a '68...

It was probably very nice when it was done over & it's obvious that this car was driven after the restoration, but storing it in a humidor all these years just doesn't do a car any good.

1974dodgecharger

its not bad per say for 14k i seen worse shape go for more hell seen perfume ones go for more, at leats he aint hiding the rust.

ok nevermind, i thought u said the price is 14k lol....just saw the auction so a big hell no.....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Probably a Sandy flood car.....  :rotz:

Even the dimmer switch is rusty & you can almost see the watermark on the console!

Guy has a nice collection though.....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mytur Binsdirti

Hmmmmm., come to think of it, I believe that there was a green '68 hemi Charger with white interior that was in the flood. If so, I'd avoid that like the plague.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

maxwellwedge

Person likes green.

What color is that engine??

cdr

VIN: XS29J8B361044.
$60,000       sold at auction      LOOKS like the same car to me  :rotz:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Dino

20 mile difference, that's the car alright.

I'll ask the seller if he has pictures to show the car was completely stripped and cleaned after the flood....
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GOTWING

this seller usually has very nice stuff.

Dino

The seller may be unaware of what happened to it.  It may not be likely but it's not impossible.  I just sent him the question, we'll see what he says.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2013, 10:44:24 AM
20 mile difference, that's the car alright.

I'll ask the seller if he has pictures to show the car was completely stripped and cleaned after the flood....

That explains all of the surface rust that's EVERYWHERE. Imagine what's hiding under the rugs & in the wiring & rear end (if the water got up that high).

Same bumper guards, kink in breather hose & + battery cable.

Dino

The seller mentions in the ad that the electrical kinda works when it wants to.  Corrosion is going to burn that sucker to the ground.  If he plays stupid, I'm contacting ebay to pull the ad.

When that happens, we best use out connections to flag that car so nobody gets shafted.

The car obviously has pedigree and being a Charger it's always worth saving, but that price needs to drop quite a bit for it to be worth all the work.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Ghoste

Too much in that condition even with the flood back story. :Twocents:

Homerr

For the record:

Per the other link to the Sandy car = XS29J8B361044

This Ebay link = XS29J8Bxxxxxx (dash tag)

XS29 73 3 425 205980 (fender tag)

Blusmbl

I saw that this morning show up in my email and immediately figured it was the flood car.  Brings a tear to my eye, and rage in my heart when I saw the BIN of 147...
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

cdr

Homerr

Yes, but the vehicle shipping number is a good identifier and is stamped on the core support.  I posted them to match it with the VIN in case this car is offered again without disclosure that it was a flood car.

Ghoste

And its pretty much a guarantee that it will.

cdr

Quote from: Homerr on July 26, 2013, 01:57:13 PM
Yes, but the vehicle shipping number is a good identifier and is stamped on the core support.  I posted them to match it with the VIN in case this car is offered again without disclosure that it was a flood car.

good job  :yesnod: sorry i thought maybe you where confused like i am.    :icon_smile_big:   sometimes i am slow

Dans 68

I was amused to see written up that per the fender tag it has a locking gas cap. Last time I checked the fender tag code line "7 over 8" was for the wheel lip mouldings. Oh, well....

Too bad the car was not completely cleaned and neutralized after the flood immersion.  :rotz:  A 4-speed Hemi '68 is pretty much on everyone's wish list.... 

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

1974dodgecharger

cant blame the guy for trying? (147k trying)

chargerboy69

The seller claims a "clean" title, how can this be if it is the Sandy flood car.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Old Moparz

Good to see that people can keep track of cars like this & make it known about the damage.  :cheers:

I saw that the listing is in AZ. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that someone made the investment to get the car moved to AZ so it wouldn't be associated with Hurricane Sandy.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry