News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another round of 'what is it worth'? 383, 4 speed, shell

Started by 69finder, August 29, 2013, 11:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Quote from: 69finder on September 01, 2013, 11:33:11 AM
It's funny because when I try to buy anything 'Charger' it's worth a billion dollars (just check the classifieds or CL).  But when I try to sell anything, it's worthless.

Strange.

Nobody here is last word on wiw.  You are certainly welcome to use craigslist too.
That way, your add for a $2500.00 rough shell will become another "holy sh*t, look what this guy is asking for this 68" thread here.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 69finder on September 01, 2013, 01:51:02 AM
There is a young guy interested in it and I hope he picks it up for $500 (includes dash/vin/fender tags) and builds it up.

I will post the vin/fender tag if the buyer says it's ok.  I would hate to send it to the scrap yard, but it sits on the ground and winter is coming so it will be gone one way or another.

I always assumed that Chargers were worth 'something' no matter their condition, but I guess not. 

i hope he buys it too, then me, him and maybe a few others can form a very exclusive club of ambitious young idiots building chargers from scratch  :lol:

no seriously if he does buy it can you link him to my thread or something, would like to talk to him  :coolgleamA:

6spd68

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 01, 2013, 04:56:32 PM

i hope he buys it too, then me, him and maybe a few others can form a very exclusive club of ambitious young idiots building chargers from scratch  :lol:

Down for the cause!
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

wingcar

Not trying to be a Smart Ass or anything like that, but I still find it hard to get my head around what people are asking for rusted shells.  The cost of buying all the parts necessary to "rebuild" this or most other shells really puts them in the realm of dreaming for most all us regular guys.  You would need another "parts" car just to move the project ahead.  For anything less than an original HEMI or perhaps a highly optioned out car...I would say cut off what you can and let it go to that big junk yard in the sky (or the one down the street, whichever is closer).  The only other option would be if you planned to either race car out of  it, or build some sort of custom out of it...but again, that's mostly dream with a little reality mixed in just to confuse your decision making.   After the dream part is gone, most will find that the reality of the buy sucks. :brickwall:

**Just my two cents.... :Twocents:

*On another note....if this shell does bring in $2,500.00.....I am raising the value of my car another $20,000.00..............(I would raise it more but it doesn't have any rust, so I had to devalue it a bit) :scratchchin:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

69finder

I put it for $700 and someone bought it and will restore it 'rat rod' it next year.

/thread

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 69finder on September 04, 2013, 10:01:30 PM
I put it for $700 and someone bought it and will restore it 'rat rod' it next year.

/thread

THAT DUDE STOLE MY IDEA!!!!  :lol:

Dans 68

Quote from: 69finder on September 01, 2013, 01:51:02 AM
I will post the vin/fender tag if the buyer says it's ok.... 

I'm glad to hear that the car will live, albeit as a "rat rod"  ;) . Please see if he wouldn't mind sharing the fender tag (and perhaps vin) for posterity. Too many of these cars just go by the wayside, never to be heard of again. Thanks.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259