News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Woodward Dream Cruise, I'm goin

Started by bakerhillpins, July 26, 2013, 08:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Well, the gods are smiling on me this year and I will be able to make a quick 2 day trip to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruse. I am wicked excited to be able to visit the Detroit area during the ride and check out the festivities. Should make for an exciting 2 days.  :ricky: :dance:

Ill be in town Friday and Saturday. Anyone here taking their pride and joy out into the circus that is the cruise?

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

Circus is right!  Better charge up the A/C!  It get's hot and humid around that time.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Can't be any worse that Carlisle last year.  :eek2:

IIRC your off to the west coast this year yes?
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 26, 2013, 09:42:44 AM
Can't be any worse that Carlisle last year.  :eek2:

IIRC your off to the west coast this year yes?

Correct.  8/10 - 8/22.  I would have dropped by to meet you if I was around!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2013, 09:44:59 AM

There is always next year! Or even Carlisle if you ever make it down that way.

Just leave the keys to the Charger under the flowerpot off of your back porch. Ill have her washed and waxed for when you return.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 26, 2013, 10:21:32 AM
Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2013, 09:44:59 AM

There is always next year! Or even Carlisle if you ever make it down that way.

Just leave the keys to the Charger under the flowerpot off of your back porch. Ill have her washed and waxed for when you return.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

We'll find something to meet!  I don't like the big shows but I will make an exception just to finally meet you lugnuts.   :lol:

Washed and waxed eh?   :scratchchin:

Fill 'er up as well and you may have yourself a deal there.   :lol:

4cruzin

I may show up at Woodward on Friday for sure . . . not sure about the Saturday parking lot . . .  ::)
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2013, 10:25:22 AM
We'll find something to meet!  I don't like the big shows but I will make an exception just to finally meet you lugnuts.   :lol:

Washed and waxed eh?   :scratchchin:

Fill 'er up as well and you may have yourself a deal there.   :lol:

I need somewhere to put my gas money, my Charger is still a garage ornament. Careful what you wish for.  :D

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 26, 2013, 11:21:46 AM
You know Bill will be there! ;)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,103133.0.html

:yesnod:  It's a stop for sure.   
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 26, 2013, 11:25:05 AM
Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2013, 10:25:22 AM
We'll find something to meet!  I don't like the big shows but I will make an exception just to finally meet you lugnuts.   :lol:

Washed and waxed eh?   :scratchchin:

Fill 'er up as well and you may have yourself a deal there.   :lol:

I need somewhere to put my gas money, my Charger is still a garage ornament. Careful what you wish for.  :D

:lol:

You'd be pretty disappointed with my car right now.  I was able to spin one tire for about 2 feet yesterday, that''s how much power she has with new wide tires and 2.94 gears.   :lol:

Funny enough the TQ would still roast the tires with this setup.  The very first time I took it out to test I put it in reverse and the tires spun even then.   :eek2:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69rtse4spd

Well I hope they don't charge to get onto or out of the city. :lol:.

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 26, 2013, 11:21:46 AM
You know Bill will be there! ;)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,103133.0.html

YES!!   :cheers:

I have NO IDEA about the area, parking, etc. All I know is my '70 will be displayed at the Mopar booth. I am flying out, Mopar is taking care of the rest.
I'm "assuming" I'll have to get a rental car, but have no idea where to go, park, etc.
Good to see other members are going also.
Any tips for a Woodward newbie?

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

I'd like to plan a Woodward Cruise party at my home in Plymouth before the cruise. Maybe Thurday or Friday night....  :cheers:

I can guarantee at least one DC.com "Celebrity Guest" will be there.  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_wink:

Let me know. Thanks! :icon_smile_wink:

TUFCAT

I live outside of Detroit closer to the airport.  Its a short drive (30 minutes) on the expressway to Woodward ave without traffic. 

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 26, 2013, 10:42:59 PM
I'd like to plan a Woodward Cruise party at my home in Plymouth before the cruise. Maybe Thurday or Friday night....  :cheers:

I can guarantee at least one DC.com "Celebrity Guest" will be there.  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_wink:

you invited , Shelby ? And not me ?  :nana:   :slap:   :smilielol: :smilielol: 

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 26, 2013, 11:27:48 PM
I'd like to plan a Woodward Cruise party at my home in Plymouth before the cruise. Maybe Thurday or Friday night....  :cheers:

you invited , Shelby ? And not me ?  :nana:   :slap:   :smilielol: :smilielol:  

Actually Bakerhillpins is my celebrity guest...but [wow] if I can get Shelby and Jackie we'll have worldwide appeal!!  :nixon:  I may need to rent a building for that.  :ricky:

bill440rt

Rumor has it that there might be another DC.com celebrity guest going as well.  :scratchchin:

I'll know more as the date draws closer, Tuffy. Good chance I'll be flying out there on Wednesday night, so Thursday might be a possibility for me.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 26, 2013, 11:35:17 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 26, 2013, 11:27:48 PM

I can guarantee at least one DC.com "Celebrity Guest" will be there.  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_wink:

you invited , Shelby ? And not me ?  :nana:   :slap:   :smilielol: :smilielol: 

Actually Bakerhillpins is my celebrity guest...but [wow] if I can get Shelby and Jackie we'll have worldwide appeal!!  :nixon:  I may need to rent a building for that.  :ricky:

I don't know about "celebrity".  :lol:  looking forward to the party though.  :2thumbs:

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Budnicks

Sounds like fun, be careful with all the stuff going on in Detroit nowadays, take lots of photos guys, for us way out west, that can't make it... maybe next year  :brickwall:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TUFCAT

That's right guys the rumors are true. :yesnod:  I'm hopeful my other "special guest" Bill Mann can tilt back a few beers with us!  :cheers: :cheers:

bill440rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 28, 2013, 08:37:20 PM
That's right guys the rumors are true. :yesnod:  I'm hopeful my other "special guest" Bill Mann can tilt back a few beers with us!  :cheers: :cheers:

Actually, the other "celebrity" is neither I nor bakerhillpins.  :scratchchin:
Still waiting to hear if he is going or not.
Looking forward to seeing you either way.  :cheers:

TUFCAT

Remember my invitation is open for a Woodward Dream Cruise member party at my house.  I'll post more details later/.

TUFCAT

The party is tentatively scheduled for Thursday.  I'm waiting to hear more from Bill (bill440rt) regarding his schedule. Bryan Roth (Bakerhillpins) will also be here. This invite is to all Detroit/Canada/out-of town members who will be in the Detroit area for the cruise.

RIDELIKEHELL

Next year I may do Moparfest on the Sunday but Woodward on Fri/Saturday as it sounds like a blast and is only 50 min drive from the border for us :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

bakerhillpins

Yes, Woodward was quite the experience.  Maybe ill be there again too.  :2thumbs:  Be prepared, the number of vehicles is nuts.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire