News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headers in Daytonas

Started by hemi68charger, July 21, 2013, 10:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang......
I was thinking, in the Daytonas ( and Superbirds ), has anyone noticed a engine compartment temperature difference, when using headers over the factory exhaust manifolds? It still gets pretty hot down here in Houston and I enjoy driving my car..... I want to make it a little more driver-friendly. I started to vapor lock yesterday, but the engine coolant temperature wasn't all that bad...... I was thinking of getting ceramic-coated TTI's....

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger_fan_4ever

Ghoste

Adding to the question, do you guys with the pointed nose cars have already higher underhood temps than a Charger with an open maw of a grille?  Because of it being all closed in and all.

A383Wing

I don't think so...all the air is channeled through the radiator anyway on cars with & without noses...no other openings to let air into engine compartment because of seals on both types of cars

hemi68charger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 21, 2013, 12:09:32 PM
I thought this thread looked familiar :P

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,102683.0.html

Heck, I can't remember what day tomorrow was, or is...... or...... ah heck............  :brickwall:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection