News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

water pump

Started by sext7366, February 23, 2006, 02:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sext7366

gettin my enegine back soon I know it is best to use a new one, but my old water paump only had 20k on it, and I know it was an aluminum name brand...forget which one, but nevertheless should I change it, and any suggestions on brand cause as long as its a high volume pump I could care less with slight consideration to price mind you.

y3chargerrt

I used the Milidon high volumn water pump. Looked like a quality piece and its been working great.I agreee with changing it. I'm sure your older one is ok but why take a chance.

skip68

I'm picking my 440 excuse me 446 ::)up next week and I'll be putting on a new one as well.  My engine only ran about an hour or so when the crank broke and that was 5 years ago give or take.  I'm not taking a chance either.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

firefighter3931

As long as the pump works why change it ? With only 20 k mikes it should still be in excellent shape. The Milidon is a very good high volume pump if you feel the need to replace it.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

sext7366

Great thats the exact one I was going to get, still it bugs me to buy a new one and trash the old when it has such low mileage.  I have the money for it and I guess I should just get it to be safe, but I dunno.....Anyway thanks guys.

Chryco Psycho

I agree with Ron , it is easily changed later if there is a problem but for now I doubt there would be any problem

Steve P.

I'm with Neil and Ron also. If it is showing signs of leaking or rust/rot on the impeller or was on a motor that was in a head on crash to the engine, it's a no brainer. Otherwise I would have no trouble reusing it and saving the money.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida