News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"SUPER BIRD" DRAGRACE SUPERBIRD!!

Started by Mopar John, July 16, 2013, 03:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

Here is a picture of the other dragrace wing car that I found on Moparts the other day!
MJ

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar John

Stuart,
When you consider the time frame and the 12:19 dial in on the car it was a very well built car!
What I'm saying here is that this was a serious racecar not a street car with headers and a cam.
MJ

tan top

good picture MJ  thanks for sharing   :cheers: :2thumbs:

nother drag racing bird was   MR 5 & 50 , a original hemi super bird , think it was the last one made or  the highest vin or  a different SPD than the rest of them   ,  think it was something like that  :shruggy: :shruggy:   :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Bob T

Good link/pics MJ, thanks.
Agreed, 12.1 is pretty stout, I remember a thread or few pics on your drag car a while back, possibly mid 10s?? could you put a link or some info and pics up if you get a chance .

:cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mopar John

Quote from: Bob T on July 17, 2013, 01:42:16 AM
Good link/pics MJ, thanks.
Agreed, 12.1 is pretty stout, I remember a thread or few pics on your drag car a while back, possibly mid 10s?? could you put a link or some info and pics up if you get a chance .

:cheers:
Bob,
Here is the latest picture I have of my 1970 GTX dragcar. It was taken last fall at the NHRA DIVISION 3 ET FINALS in INDY!
I ran the full points season at our local track OSCEOLA dragway here in northwest Indiana. I finished high enough to qualify for Indy!
For 2012 I let my license expire and didn't renew the GTX'S chassis certification. I got tired of the physicals, ekg's and requirements and decided to take some of the go fast stuff off and run right at 10:00 flat. That worked well for me till I went to Indy last fall! Down there because of the mix of 1/4 mile tracks and 1/8th mile tracks they decided to run 1/8th mile. I had't paid attention to my 1/8th mile times during the year but I was running fast 1/8th mile times of 6.35 or better. 10 flat equates to 6.40 according to the NHRA! The attached picture is of my 1st timetrial on Friday afternoon as the morning one got rained out. The GTX hooked real well down there and ran a 6.28 1/8th mile! WOW! I spent Friday afternoon and up till the last time trial on Saturday trying to slow the GTX down to 6.40! I took 2 degrees out of the timing, moved up my gas pedal stop and let some air out of the front tires. On the first elimination run I had a decent .021 light and ran a 6.43 on a 6.40 dial! It was not good enough as only the best are down there and my opponent had a .016 light and we ran side by side with him nosing me out.
   After the stress of Indy I decided to go get my NHRA physical and EKG over the off season. I passed and then got the GTX'S chassis recertified. All went well and I put all my go fast parts back on! I went to Osceola a few weeks ago and ran very fast there! My first run out of the trailer was a 9.55! WOW! I tried some bigger jets in the carb and it slowed to a 9.63 OUCH! So I put the other jets back in and the weather cooled off a bit and I ran a 9.53!!!! The quickest I had run with the big 12 inch wheels and slicks was a 9.60 at ROUTE 66 RACEWAY in JOLIET a better hooking track. I then wanted to try my light weight 10 inch wheels and light weight drag radials but they closed the staging lanes and never got the chance! To date the quickest run for the GTX is a 9.49!
Thanks! MJ

GOTWING

I like how the torque is holding back the drivers door mirror!   :icon_smile_big:

Bob T

Thanks MJ, Great shot too! Couldnt remember if it was a Runner or GTX, looks grouse with those 12's on and livery.

I could understand the stress and cost of competing at around 9.5- for a season, a few mates race , just privateers with a few lucky sponsors, one of the guys has a Nitro flopper and man does that get through the fun coupons quickly!
9.49 and good reactions is fair boogie too, good effort.

We dont really have the 1/8th mile drags down here, it hasnt really caught on , but we havent had the same power/speed top e.t. as you guys do at the top end of the field.
The fastest rail down here has run a 5.20 1/4 , the same guy also has a twin turbo 56 Chevy 540 street registered car and that has run a best of 7.59 @ 188, its nuts! Ive seen him drive it to the track too, what a laugh, he only does it to win the "fastest driven to the track prize"

Good also to see that its not all just Wing cars and you get out and bang the track days too!  :cheers:

On another note, I was fortunate enough to help out with a mate's day at the roundy round track recently and I got to drive his R4 4 speed Daytona around - quite a treat it was too. We were limited to low speed through most of it but I did get a few good shoefulls in a bit later on. Also got a few laps in my car in too.

I did a short clip  hanging out of his car, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45XeHO1X7U

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

The actual Sox & Martin Superbird is MIA, correct?