News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

KV marked fuel line vs. EB marked fuel line

Started by resq302, July 17, 2013, 07:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Ran into a really weird thing when working on our 69 GTX vert (spo of 10/3/68).  I removed the original rubber lines and noticed that the rear rubber line that went from the steel line to the sending unit was stamped KV and used the keystone clamps.  What is even stranger yet is that the line is a 5/16 rubber line but has a return / vapor line that is 1/4".  I was always under the impression that the set up was 3/8 w/ 1/4 return line.  This is the original steel line as there is still factory undercoating on it so I know it was not replaced.  One other thing I noticed was that the keystone clamps seemed to be color coded for size.  The 5/16 clamp was silver and the 1/4 clamp was a gold color.  The 1/4 rubber line from the sending unit to the steel line had no markings on the line at all.

Now here comes the really weird part.... The rubber line that goes from the steel line to the fuel pump (after we cleaned it up) was stamped with EB and had spring clamps on it going to the fuel pump.  Normally I have seen KV only on fuel lines.  Has anyone else ever seen a EB marking on a fuel line or know of where I can get fuel line with EB?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

maxwellwedge

Yes - there was a mis-match at the sender as it is a 3/8 outlet and the fuel line is a 5/16". I think most of my 69 440 cars have the same setup.....KV out back and EB at the fuel pump. The EB is usually date coded as well......have a good look.

I don't think anyone is stamping the EB. Frank B. has all different KV sizes and patterns. Ask him on the EB - maybe he will stamp some up for you. If he won't, maybe the guys at Almost NOS have it. Never noticed the difference in the clamp color but they probably had a few approved platings. The 1/4" rubber line has no markings (on anything I've ever seen.....and believe me - I look - lol) but it usually has a "texture" in the rubber. I have found some here and there at various parts places. Sometimes I have to remove markings on them with some thinners.

resq302

I know Bill Alphin sells them in the various colors for the clamps.  Could have been  an easy way to distinguish them during assembly.  1/4 - gold, 5/16 - silver, 3/8 - black.   :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

maxwellwedge

Anything is possible - I'll ask around.

Does the rest help?

resq302

Yes, it does.  I would have thought that the larger steel fuel line should have been 3/8 to match the sending unit.

Just checked with Frank B. and he does not have the EB line.  Looks like I will have to get it made up myself.   :-\
Brian

maxwellwedge

Not sure if Rich and John are still doing stuff....

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=6847465

Maybe Roger Gibson has stamped up some for his cars.....outside of the parts business he and Frank have......I'll ask him

Is the original stuff ok to re-use.....or has it gone hard?

resq302

original line was starting to crack and dry rot.  No way I'd put that back on the car.   Safety over originality!
Brian