News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Congrats to Bill440rt on winning Mopar Top Eliminator!!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, July 15, 2013, 10:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toocheaptosmoke

Congrats Bill, I think I saw you cruising through the grounds, car looked niiiice.  :coolgleamA:

BananaDan

Great job buddy!  Sorry I missed it and seeing everyone this year, but I couldn't get away with our baby girl joining team Banana this year.  I'll be there next year for sure!!!  Another great addition to a beautiful car's pedigree.  You deserve it.

:cheers: :2thumbs: :boogie:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

bill440rt

Thanks again, guys!  :cheers:
Dan, despite some wacky weather you missed a great show. However I totally can't blame you and would have done the same thing. Family stuff like that you can't miss!

I gotta start looking into hotels. Any suggestions on where to stay that's reasonable and close to the action? Or, that might still have rooms available this late in the game?  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

kdebello

I haven't had a chance to post until today, and although I've told Bill congratulations a ton of times, I wanted to say something here.

If you've seen his cars in person, you know the quality of work Bill puts out. Bill and I have been best friends close to 30 years, and I've always admired the work he does, but there is so much more than the skill involved. Bill has the knowledge, the skill, but most importantly, the desire and ambition to do it right. If he doesn't know how to do something, he learns it. He will not settle for cutting corners. I've never known another person who actually puts 100% effort into everything they do.

The qualities he has, that enable him to put out the work he does, do not come easy and are not found in most people. It's not just cars, it's everything he does. Those that know Bill, know what he does is "a step above".

Very proud of you Bill. You deserve this. Congratulations!!!

-Kevin

69 OUR/TEA

Very cool Bill !!!!!! :cheers: Good talking with you at the show,love the history of your car !!!

archie360

Congrats Bill, Saw your car for the first time last week and all I can say is it's Plum Gorgeous  :cheers:
1971 SE 383HP     1972 Rallye 340

bsakal

I'm late to the party - Congrats Bill, your car is amazing. Sorry I got you confused with Troy when I bumped into you, I had a brain fart.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

bill440rt

Thanks again, guys!  :cheers:  I have limited Internet access lately, so I haven't been on here much to respond or post anywhere.
Bill, GREAT to meet you too!  :cheers:  I think we met once before, you looked very familiar. BTW, the ducks say "Quack!"  :rofl:
Tuffy, missed you at Carlisle! Looking forward to seeing you at Woodward for sure!  :cheers:
Brian, no problem. My brain is slowly turning to jello as well.  :eek2:  I've been called much worse names than "Troy".  :icon_smile_big:  (Troy, missed seeing you this year, also.)
Kevin, you must be hitting the bottle again. You are hallucinating. Please post again when you are sober.  :cheers:    :icon_smile_big:  (Thanks dude, but you were always there to lend a hand, too.)  :2thumbs:

Made hotel arrangements yesterday, surprisingly we found one a mere 3 miles away from where MOPAR will be set up. They are on the corner of 13 Mile Rd and Woodward Ave in Royal Oak. I've never been there at all, so I am really looking forward to this. I was shocked to find one nearby this close to the show.
Has anyone else been to Woodward?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Quote from: bill440rt on July 21, 2013, 08:37:09 PM
Thanks again, guys!  :cheers:  I have limited Internet access lately, so I haven't been on here much to respond or post anywhere.
Bill, GREAT to meet you too!  :cheers:  I think we met once before, you looked very familiar. BTW, the ducks say "Quack!"  :rofl:
Tuffy, missed you at Carlisle! Looking forward to seeing you at Woodward for sure!  :cheers:
Brian, no problem. My brain is slowly turning to jello as well.  :eek2:  I've been called much worse names than "Troy".  :icon_smile_big:  (Troy, missed seeing you this year, also.)
Kevin, you must be hitting the bottle again. You are hallucinating. Please post again when you are sober.  :cheers:    :icon_smile_big:  (Thanks dude, but you were always there to lend a hand, too.)  :2thumbs:

Made hotel arrangements yesterday, surprisingly we found one a mere 3 miles away from where MOPAR will be set up. They are on the corner of 13 Mile Rd and Woodward Ave in Royal Oak. I've never been there at all, so I am really looking forward to this. I was shocked to find one nearby this close to the show.
Has anyone else been to Woodward?

Sort of.  I live about 45 minutes away and I sometimes go look at the pre show cars.  The show itself is a madhouse, way way way too many cars and people for my liking but if that's your thing you're gonna love it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

resq302

Bill,

sorry I haven't been on here the past week since I was trying to get dads 69 GTX vert back together for the NCPC show this past weekend.  Congrat's on the well deserved win!  Truely an awesome achievement for the car and you!  Check with sunroof Mopar John as he has been out there multiple times.  He can probably give you a ton of tips from when he drove his 69 up there.  Again, congrats on the win of a lifetime!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dodge Don

Bill,

Woodward Cruise is coming up...make sure you take lots of pictures of your 70 on display  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:

bill440rt

Quote from: Dodge Don on August 10, 2013, 03:09:19 PM
Bill,

Woodward Cruise is coming up...make sure you take lots of pictures of your 70 on display  :2thumbs:

:popcrn:

Cameras are ready, Don.  :cheers:

The transport truck just came to pick up the car today, my wife snapped a few photos as the driver let me load the car in as he guided me. Pretty cool experience.
Driver was very nice, and very reassuring.
It was a really strange feeling. Last time this car was on a transport truck was after I first bought it when it was delivered from Spokane, WA.
Having a bit of separation anxiety tonite but we'll be reunited with it in Detroit on Thursday. I know of a few members already that are going and I'm looking forward to seeing them as well.
Here are a few pics.

bill440rt

While it was inside I took advantage of the opportunity & snapped a few pics of the underneath.
Here are some detail reference shots if anyone is interested.

bill440rt

A few more.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 12, 2013, 05:25:53 AM
Good luck bud!!   Enjoy the trip!  :cheers:

I second that!

Just curious is the Woodward Dream Cruise a show or just a fun time and a huge car gathering?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dodge Don

Nothing cooler than having a semi show up to pick up and transport your car....at no cost to you....enjoy the event Bill!!!  :cheers: :popcrn:

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Back N Black

Nice!!, but you should have cleaned her before loading on the truck. J/K. Awesome example.

hemi-hampton

Congratulations. I'll see you at Woodward since I live only 3 miles from it. LEON.

bakerhillpins

Leon,  Good to see you. It's been a while since I have seen you post. TUFCAT is having a beer and gear at his place for the Dream Cruse. Can you make it? Word has it Bill will be there too.  :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,103434.0.html
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bill440rt

Looking forward to meeting you was well, Leon!  :cheers:
Hoping to make TUFCAT's meet-n-greet, too.  :cheers:

thedodgeboys

So lets see your parking spot?

We need pictures man....