News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would a 383 be worth

Started by Lee A, July 10, 2013, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Lord Warlock

I paid 150 for one 30 years ago, it was totally built on the inside and ran just as well as the stock 440 magnum's i had before and after the 383, but it would nose over power wise around 120mph where the 440 kept going.  I would think there would be alot of roadrunner or superbee folks that would like the 383. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Cooter on December 25, 2013, 05:18:22 PM
The problem with the 383 is it has less stroke than a small block Chevy. Too much weight for small displacement when compared to the 440.
I like a 383, but given the choice, I wouldn't give more than $50.00 for one...no way  gonna get $500.00 when I can't even get that for my RUNNING 440. Sorry.

Dang I'd give you that.

TUFCAT

440 stroker's will make more torque compared to a 383 stroker....but there's nothing wrong with having a good running, stock appearing 383 ...that's built right! :icon_smile_wink:

hatersaurusrex

I'm trading mine (running) for a non-running 440 core.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70