News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spark plug wire colors

Started by bobfist, July 10, 2013, 02:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!

on ebay they sell carbon suppression wires orange, was this a color on the wires that was used in the factory on the BB 71?
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

Pete in NH

HI,

In 71 the original wires would have been black. The orange ones came along in 72 when electronic ignition systems started to be installed at the factory.

Not all 72 cars got the new electronic ignition systems. At first they were installed on fleet cars like rentals and corporate cars.In 1973 electronic ignition was standard on everything.

bobfist

ok

they write like this

TEM DETAILS:
Just like O.E., carbon suppression wires are manufactured in the right color with the right lettering and each includes the correct spark plug boot. Set contains eight ignition secondary wires and one coil wire.

P4529792 Wire Set, Spark Plug, Orange, 1971 & Prior 383/440 Big
Block, Restoration.
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

71superbee

Black is correct for 71 as stated above

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Pete in NH

Hi,

The 4529792 wire set will fit 71 and earlier B block engines but was not what they left the factory with. It's presently the only Mopar parts wire set available. Who ever is selling them as listed didn't get it quite right.  It should say correct for 72 and up with electronic ignition. If you want to keep them the original black you have to use an after market wire set.

maxwellwedge

Date coded, black reproduction wire sets are available from a number of sources....Year One, Frank Badalson etc.

firefighter3931

The best performing & fitting BLACK ignition wires are Firecores  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs