News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for pricing guidance on 68 Charger Dash Cluster

Started by TonyN, July 09, 2013, 10:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyN

Hello all,

The question at the end of this is "How much should I sell this dash cluster for?"

I purchased a 69 Charger that had a 68 dash cluster. All of the gauges work, but the louver switch on the headlight switch is broken.

I purchased a 69 dash, and am in the process of replacing. I would like to sell the old dash cluster when it comes out.

I would say it's in 'pretty good' shape (especially compared to the one I bought, which looks like it has been in a swamp since 1986). That dash cluster cost me $300.

While on the topic, would eBay be the best place to sell? Any other place recommended?

Thanks,

Tony

WHITE AND RED 69

Best place to sell it is on this site. No ebay or paypal fees which are a becoming worse by the minute.

As for the price, without seeing any pics its hard to tell. But if its in decent shape, everything works, all the switches are there, and you include the bezel it should be around $250-350? If you clean it up with new decals, gaskets, and some paint maybe $350-450?

Post some pics of it and we can get a better idea.

:cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

TonyN

When I take it out, I will take a bunch of pics and start a new thread.

Thanks,

TN

Back N Black

Dino

Quote from: Back N Black on July 12, 2013, 09:11:15 PM
What is the difference in a 68 and 69 Cluster?

Besides the bezel I have no clue.  The rear defroster switch in 68 was on the cluster but that's not an issue.  I know there are differences in the housings between 69/69 and 70 models but that's all I can think of.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bull

Quote from: Dino on July 12, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

Besides the bezel I have no clue.  The rear defroster switch in 68 was on the cluster but that's not an issue.  I know there are differences in the housings between 69/69 and 70 models but that's all I can think of.

Flasher switch is on the 68 cluster. Is it on the 69 too?

Dino

Quote from: bull on August 30, 2013, 04:59:48 PM
Quote from: Dino on July 12, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

Besides the bezel I have no clue.  The rear defroster switch in 68 was on the cluster but that's not an issue.  I know there are differences in the housings between 69/69 and 70 models but that's all I can think of.

Flasher switch is on the 68 cluster. Is it on the 69 too?

Yes, it didn't move to the column until '70.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bull

Ok, I wasn't sure. Just yesterday I was looking at bezels on Ebay and a guy had a 69/70 listed with no hazard switch hole. You gotta watch those Ebay sellers.

TonyN

Confirming the Hazard switch is on the 69 dash cluster...