News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Great Car Covers?

Started by cudaken, July 09, 2013, 04:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Who makes a really good car cover for storing a car outside? I want something that will not let water in and is breathable. Main thing is to keep the rust from getting worst and after it is painted, well protect the paint.

Cuda Ken
I am back

4cruzin

I don't think there is a truly waterproof cover . . . Anything breathable will let water in . . . . :brickwall:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Daytona R/T SE

Any cover will whip around in the wind and F#@% up the paint. :Twocents:

68X426

California Car Covers has a great selection and many varieties of material.

http://www.calcarcover.com/how_to_select.aspx

Scroll down that page to review the types of outdoor covers.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

twodko

What Daytona & 68x426 said. If you must keep such a car outside buy the best CalCover offers and one of those stand alone metal carports with the metal sides.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

1970Moparmann

http://www.discountramps.com/car-pocket.htm

Car pocket with a California Car Cover.  If your keeping outside.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Cooter

Begin with four framed walls, then pour a concrete floor. Once done vinyl side the thing to look nice. Install one garage door and it'll sit for as long as you need it to without further deterioration.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

FJ5WING

Cooter,
More than a few cars have payed a dear price from being stored on fresh concrete and the garage not able to breath properly.
wingless now, but still around.

Cooter

Amendment:

Vent the damn thing too.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"