News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alcohol For Racing

Started by cudaken, July 10, 2013, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Is Alcohol easy on motors?

Back ground for this stupid sounding question. The 440 I am wanting to buy is a X race car motor and I knew the owner was running Alcohol. Knowing nothing about Alcohol except :cheers: I asked a friend about it. Bob races with Alcohol in his Bow Tie motors, yea I still like him.  :shruggy: He said it is way better on the motor, run's cooler (That I did know) and makes more power. Only thing it is hard on is rubber, again I knew that.

I called the owner of the 440 and asked a few questions. I all ready knew the races car it came out of was a A body, had Eddie heads and was running 10.80's in the quarter mile.

Now here is what really spawned this question!  :scratchchin: I knew it had 440-6 pack pistons and figured they had been switched to forged!  He told me the other night that they where still stock cast pistons, he shifted at 6000 RPM's and has very tall rear tires on the car for the lower shift point.  :shruggy:    

Far as I know the car could only weight in at 2500 pounds or less, but still stock cast pistons? I think none 440-6 pistons start coming apart a 5500 to 5700 RPM's?

Any thoughts? My the way my goals are a modest low 14 to high 13 motor.

Cuda Ken
I am back