News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mystery Charger Theater (subtitle: There's my missing part!)

Started by 71 SE3834V, February 25, 2015, 07:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 SE3834V

It's cold out. I'm tired of the monotony of working on this house project everyday. Can't do anything with the car so I thought I'd post up this little mystery about my car.

One of the few missing parts on my car when I bought it in 2011 was the plastic part of spark plug retainer located on the passenger side exhaust manifold, lower front of the engine below the alternator. No big deal.
Flash forward:
So I'm putting my engine bay back together last fall after stripping & painting it. I'm laying under passenger side just behind the front tire hooking the vent line back up. I take a break, lay my head back and look up. What is that under the fender amongst the debri?

71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

71 SE3834V

I reach up and whatta ya know! There's my missing retainer.
So how do you suppose that got there? The only thing I can figure out is it came off while someone was working on the car, they laid it up on the cowl and it got knocked down the opening between the fender and cowl.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

71 SE3834V

Either that or it took one magic flight after coming off while driving and the fan blew it up on the cowl.
Any other ideas?

Post up your own mysteries. I'm bored.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

archie360

Most likely left by D.B. Cooper to mark the location of his stash.  Maybe fell off and someone put it there temporarily while working under the car meaning to put it back on?
1971 SE 383HP     1972 Rallye 340