News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jeff Gordan autographed hood - WIW

Started by 1970Moparmann, July 06, 2013, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Any idea what an autographed Jeff Gordan hood would go for?   I have a line on one.  Could be very cool for the man cave. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

chargerman69

Just fine out what the hood be worth alone and the autograph is worth and add them together + a little $ 

Daytona R/T SE

That would depend on how much effort it would take to remove the crayon scribbles from the paint job.

Oh, and...

Who ? :shruggy:

Big Sugar

Be worth a couple of cans of tremclad to cover it up !

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Indygenerallee

He does have one of the worst autographs in the world, my 2 year old daughter could do a perfect Jeff Gordon autograph..... BTW I don't ever think anything he has signed will ever go up in value just because he has signed it, he has signed too much stuff for his autograph to ever add any amount of money to a item, heck I have a used Goodyear tire that was signed by him (with the certificate of authenticity) and I don't even care for him (grandparents gave it to me as a gift about 15 years ago)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Big Sugar

Well the one neat thing about a Jebb Gordon signature.     Its the only "scratch and sniff " signature out there. Go ahead try it.   Give it a scratch and it smells just like Ass

Just kidding
I meant to say DICK

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Indygenerallee

stripedelete

If you're going to have to repaint it anyway,,,,,,, just go new. 

1970Moparmann

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 06, 2013, 10:59:03 PM
He does have one of the worst autographs in the world,

Speaking of bad autographs; Richard Petty's looks like something that was done with a spirograph.

odcics2

You couldn't give me a Gordon hood...      :nana:

And yes, Petty's 'graph is a work of art.   I have a few from the 74-75 era, when each one took a minute to produce...     :lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chargerboy69

A race used hood can bring good money.  For a popular driver they used to bring $500.00 or more not signed.  It also depends on too what race it was used in or if it was a special paint scheme. I would guess $650.00 to $750.00 for a standard hood.

If it is a smaller plastic replica hood, maybe $100.00.

I have bought from these guys before. Prices are quit different depending on the driver.

http://www.racingmetal.com/jeffgordon.htm

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

This is likely one of those questions that only you can really answer.  Find out what the person wants for it and if your comfortable with that price then get it.  If anyone asks you can tell them it was free or it was ten thousand or whatever you think they want to hear.

Aero426

Are you talking about an actual "raced" hood, or a replica hood from a restaurant/bar, OR, one of those small plastic fake ones?      It would make a big difference in the value.   

1970Moparmann

Here is the picture.  Getting the documentation answer now.

chargerboy69

Thats a nice, clean piece. Hoods will bring the most money out of any of the pieces parted out, unless one can obtain a complete side.

That was from his 2007 Nicorette Cinnamon Surge car run in the Atlanta fall race.

He finished 7th that race and was the Chase points leader after finishing the race.

http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2007/24cup.htm
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

fy469rtse

Wouldn't it be worth more if he actually won some thing occasionally, again recently, I like jeff but he hasn't been there has he ? Got to win , I watch it as often as the give it air time here, one of my favourite drivers

1970Moparmann

The owners does have a authenticity paper with it.  He's asking $300.  Hmm..... :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

chargerboy69

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 08, 2013, 07:25:56 AM
The owners does have a authenticity paper with it.  He's asking $300.  Hmm..... :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Thats a steal. . . I would grab it right away. It is well worth more than double that price.

--Gerald Ford

Aero426

It doesn't sound like a lot of money and there may be some wiggle room in the price - because with something like this, the buyer has to have a place to hang it.    If you like it, I say go for it.     Hard to say if it's the actual raced piece.   By the Jayski pic, there may have been a display car.   Does it have any track rash to it on the forward edges?    You would expect a race piece to see some sand blasting and wear on the front.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Aero426 on July 08, 2013, 08:56:59 AM
It doesn't sound like a lot of money and there may be some wiggle room in the price - because with something like this, the buyer has to have a place to hang it.    If you like it, I say go for it.     Hard to say if it's the actual raced piece.   By the Jayski pic, there may have been a display car.   Does it have any track rash to it on the forward edges?    You would expect a race piece to see some sand blasting and wear on the front.

To me it seems like it's a display car piece or a prop.  I'm gauging on the "printed" hood pins, versus the hold down plates.  I may be wrong though.  I'll have to go and see it.  He doesn't live far from me.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Indygenerallee

Looks real to me, you can see the hood hing pivot points riveted on near the mid section of the hood on each side. and it has plenty of damage to the corners of the hood (probably from storage since the sheetmetal is so thin)

FJ5WING

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 08, 2013, 09:39:44 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on July 08, 2013, 08:56:59 AM

To me it seems like it's a display car piece or a prop.  I'm gauging on the "printed" hood pins, versus the hold down plates.  I may be wrong though.  I'll have to go and see it.  He doesn't live far from me.

Thanks for the responses guys!

I guess theyre printed cables holding the printed clips too?  :lol:
wingless now, but still around.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: FJ5WING on July 08, 2013, 10:31:57 AM

I guess theyre printed cables holding the printed clips too?  :lol:

I'm blind as a bat.... WTF :smilielol:.   Didn't see that! 

chargerboy69

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 08, 2013, 09:44:38 AM
Looks real to me, you can see the hood hing pivot points riveted on near the mid section of the hood on each side. and it has plenty of damage to the corners of the hood (probably from storage since the sheetmetal is so thin)

I think it may be real too. 

It most likely has his regular Dupont scheme under the Nicorette scheme.  With the "One time only" race schemes I have found they will take a regular paint scheme car and just wrap it.  I have had several, and still do have several pieces of raced used cars and this has been the case for every one of the one time only schemes.

--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

id be on it. hate gordon, but still a neat collectable. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dads_69

Hell I'd use it for a sled here in Alaska..Jeff is better off washing car's than racing them! haha..
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

A383Wing

might be worth more without his autograph   :D